This 3 bean salad recipe is fresh and simple to make. I toss fresh green beans and dark and white kidney beans in a tasty balsamic vinaigrette.
If you are looking for a quick, easy, and tasty dish to take along with you to your next cookout or serve up to your own guests my 3 bean salad is the perfect dish! It comes together in just minutes and can be prepped hours before you need to head out. Combining the 3 beans in a delicious balsamic vinaigrette and adding in a little brown sugar and garlic makes this dish pop with flavor and is sure to be a crowd pleaser! The recipe makes 16- ½ cup servings or 8- 1 cup servings at 71 calories, 0P on WW.
- Fresh green beans
- Dark kidney bean
- White kidney beans
- Balsamic vinaigrette
- Brown sugar
- Salt & pepper
What type of beans goes in a 3 bean salad?
I use fresh green beans in this salad along with dark and white kidney beans. You could experiment with using other types of beans if you’d like. Pinto beans and cannellini beans would both be good substitutes for the kidney beans and you could even add in some chickpeas or swap the white beans out for them. Fresh wax beans can also be added.
Once you toss the salad together, place it in the fridge to chill for 30 minutes-1 hour. Adding this step in is worth it if you have the time, as it chills, the beans soak up the flavors in the dressing, which makes the salad all the more delicious!
What to serve with a 3 bean salad?
This three-bean salad recipe can serve up to 16 making it the perfect potluck recipe to feed a large crowd. It's great to serve with burgers and sausages or pulled pork/chicken. Check out some of these delicious recipes it would pair well with, Slow cooker pulled chicken, Cracked chicken burgers, and Spinach & asiago beef burgers
3 bean salad
- 1.5 lbs fresh green beans, trimmed and cut into 2" pieces *about 4.5 cups
- 540 ml dark kidney beans *about 19oz/2 cups
- 540 ml white kidney beans *about 19oz/2 cups
- ⅓ cup balsamic vinaigrette
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Wash and cut the green beans.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil, place the green beans in the pot and cover with a lid, cook for 5 minutes. Rinse under cold water and set aside
- Drain and rinse both of the kidney beans then add them to a large bowl with the green beans.
- In a small bowl mix the balsamic vinaigrette, sugar, garlic and salt & pepper then pour over the beans and stir gently. Let chill in the fridge for 30 minutes to 1 hour before serving so the flavor of the vinaigrette can soak into the beans.
- This recipe yields about 16- ½ cup servings or 8- 1 cup servings
How to Store Three Bean Salad
Store the three bean salad in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to four days.