Everybody loves a good burger! And it doesn’t have to be summer to fire up your grill and cook these gems up. I wanted to try and add a little greens to them (if you know me, you know my relationship with greens is complicated 😉 ). These burgers were full of flavor and came in at only 5 smart points each.
Spinach and asiago beef burgers
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped spinach
- 1/3 cup diced onion
- 1/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup grated fresh asiago cheese
- 1/4 cup 1% cottage cheese
- Salt & pepper
- Mix all of your ingredients together in a bowl and form into 4 patties.
- Grill on bbq till meat is cooked. To keep points low I serve mine on a flatout bread fold it (2pp) Each burger is 5sp or 5pp..
- Nutritional info (not including veggies or bread) per burger .. Calories 221.. Fat 7.9g... Saturated fat 3.3g.. Carbs 5.2g... Fiber 0g.. Sugars 0.6g.. Protein 28.6g