We have been having such a cold winter here in Ontario, some days feeling like -30C, all I want to do is curl up and eat and drink warm things!! I definitely want to add more soups to my recipe list, I think soup is a great comfort food and can either be a meal in itself or a side dish. Chicken noodle soup is such a classic and although there are millions of recipes out there I thought why not create my own.. I loved it and it was so easy to make in the slow cooker, you can leave it all day and then add the noodles just before your ready to eat it. Makes 14- 1 cup servings at just 2 freestyle smart points.
- 24 oz raw skinless boneless chicken breast
- 2 cups chopped carrots (I used fresh, frozen is fine)
- 1.5 cups chopped celery
- 1 cup diced red onion
- 6 cups chicken broth
- ¾ cup water
- ½ tsp thyme
- ½ tsp oregano
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- Pinch of salt
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 cups (170g) rotini pasta (picture shown for what I used)
- Chopped fresh parsley
- Plug in your crockpot and set to low
- Place your chicken breast, carrots, celery, onion, broth, water and seasonings in and cook on low for approx 6-7 hours. Remove chicken and shred.
- Turn slow cooker to high and add in your pasta and chopped parsley, cook for 10-15 minutes until noodles are soft, add shredded chicken and stir. Remove from heat and serve *do not leave on heat or your pasta will cook too much.
- Makes 14- 1 cup servings at 2 freestyle smart points per serving, soup will freeze well.
Smart points- 2 using SP calculator
Points plus- 2 using PP calculator
Nutritional info per serving (incl all veggies) Calories.. 129..Fat 1.6g..Sat fat 0.4g...Carbs 10.9g..Fiber 2g..Sugar 1.8g..Protein 14.3g using My Fitness Pal
*SP & PP values determined before adding the veggies in the nutri info