If you know me well from following me on social media you might know I have a love/hate relationship with veggies, meaning I love to hate them Ha! I’m trying though as obviously I know they are good for us. I’ve been wanting to do some roasted veggies for some time now so I decided to throw a bunch together in a bowl, toss in my favorite seasonings and give it a go. These were fabulous and so easy! You can mix them as up as you please, add in other veggies, you won’t see any green in mine cause I just can’t (not yet) but I’ll get there… maybe lol… Anyhow, I thought I’d blog these for other veggie haters or even the lovers to say these were good and I really enjoyed them.. the potatoes helped because who doesn’t love potatoes .. 1 cup serving is 3 freestyle smart points.
- Mini red potatoes cut in half (see pic for what I used) *I used ½ the bag, 340g, about 12-14 potatoes
- 1 cup carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup butternut squashed, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup red onion, diced
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- Dash of salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 400F, line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and lightly spray
- In a large bowl mix together your veggies/potatoes with your oil and seasonings, toss well.
- Spread out on the baking sheet making sure none are overlapping, they cook better this way.
- Bake for 20 minutes, turn veggies over then bake another 20 minutes or until all are soft.
- Recipe yields at least 4- 1 cup servings, you can add more veggies in if you wish.
- *Note, Nutritional numbers include all veggies, if you use these in your ww calculator you may get a different point value.
Smart Points- purple 1 using WW recipe builder
Points Plus- 3 using PP calculator (before veggies)
Nutritional info per serving.. Calories 127...Fat 3.6g...Sat fat 0.5g...Carbs 22.4g...Fiber 4g...Sugar 6.5g..Protein 2.6g using My Fitness Pal