I saw this amazing looking bread pop up on my facebook one day and I thought “oh yum!” I knew I could lighten it up some and make it more weight watcher friendly..so that’s exactly what I did.. It seriously is so easy to make and I doubt it will last long once it comes out of the oven 😉 Great for parties or a fun appetizer for the family..
Pull apart pizza bread
- 1-7.5 oz package Pillsbury biscuits in the 4 value pack, if you can't find then weight out from the bigger pack or adjust points
- 32 slices of pepperoni I use regular pepperoni (the one I buy is 3pp/4sp per 20 slices) feel free to use turkey
- 2 cheese strings cut into 10 small pieces each (I buy the weight watcher ones, 1pp each)
- 1/3 cup light shredded cheese I use weight watchers Mexican blend
- Pinch of Italian seasoning
- Optional marinara sauce for dipping
- Preheat oven to 400F, spray a round 8 inch dish, I used a pie dish, cast iron dish works well too.
- Cut your 10 dough biscuits in half, flatten each out and place one piece of pepperoni in each. Cut each cheese string into 10 small pieces and place one piece on top of pepperoni.
- Shape dough into a ball and place in dish, repeat with all 20 dough pieces.
- Cut your remaining 12 slices of pepperoni in half and position around the dough balls.
- Sprinkle cheese on top and a pinch of Italian seasoning, or dried basil and oregano..
- Bake in oven for 18-20 minutes, checking it does not burn.
- Serve immediately while hot, serve with marinara sauce for dipping (optional) Makes 6 servings at 4PP or 4SP each on blue, purple & green
- Nutritional info for 1/6 of dish.. Calories 146...Fat 5.9g...Saturated fat 1.3g... Carbs 17.8g...Fiber 0.8g... Sugars 1.7g... Protein 7.3g