Who wants brownies??? I have never been a big fan of gooey brownies.. I know I’m crazy!! I prefer a cake like brownie, and that’s exactly what these are.. With just enough peanut butter they will be sure to cure that chocolate peanut butter crave that can attack you at any point. 😉 The nice thing about these is they make 9 very large brownies for 5 smart points each.
Peanut butter brownies
- 1 cup white flour
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup + 1 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 egg + 2 egg whites
- 1 Tbsp 0% greek yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 Tbsp peanut butter chips
- 1 Tbsp melted peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 325F, spray a 8 inch square dish and set aside.
- Mix your flour, sugar, cocoa powder and baking powder together.
- Mix in your eggs, apple sauce, yogurt and vanilla. Fold in chips.
- Pour into your dish, batter will be thick, evenly spread it out over your dish.
- Melt your peanut butter in the microwave, I usually do it for 2 rounds of 35 seconds, stirring in between. Drizzle 3 lines of the melted peanut butter over your brownie batter and then spread out using a knife.
- Bake in oven for 22-24 minutes. Cool then cut into 9 brownies. Each brownie is 5sp or 3pp.
- Nutritional info, per brownie.. Calories 125... Fat 2.7g...Saturated fat 1.3g... Carbs 22.6g... Fiber 1.6g... Sugars 9.4g... Protein 4.1g