It seems pretty much everyone I know has cinnamon rolls for Christmas morning, it's a tradition that is widely loved and with good reason, cinnamon rolls are delicious, buying the pre-made dough just makes things easy on an already stressful busy morning with gift opening and excited kiddos! How about changing it up this year and making these fun and tasty air fryer cinnamon roll bites, they take minutes and everyone will love digging in.
- Pillsbury cinnamon rolls
- White sugar
- Brown sugar
Tips and suggestions...
I cut each cinnamon roll into 6 pieces, if you want them to be very mini pieces cut them smaller, maybe 8-10 pieces per roll.
You can use a sugar substitute as the shake if you prefer, this will lower the serving by 1 point.
I baked mine for 3 minutes on each side, a total of 6 minutes in the air fryer. I prefer them on the toasty side, if you want them slightly less baked then try 2 minutes on each side.
Be sure to bake them in batches otherwise the pieces will stick together and might not bake properly.
I added the sugar shake as soon as they came out of the air fryer, you could also shake them in the sugar mix before you bake them.
If you are worried about them not all being warm when you serve them due to baking them in batches, just pop them in the microwave for 10-15 seconds, that's what I did to ensure they were all warm when served.
You can use any pre-packaged cinnamon roll dough for this recipe, I used the Pillsbury 8 roll package that includes icing.
Don't have any air fryer? These can easily be done in the oven, bake on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Heat the oven as directed on the package, however, check them about halfway through the baking time suggested on the package, with them being small pieces they will bake faster. if they still need time just check them every few minutes.
Air fryer cinnamon roll bites
- 1 package Pillsbury cinnamon rolls with icing *350g package with 8 rolls
- 2 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Open the cinnamon rolls and separate them into 8 rolls, cut each roll into 6 pieces, giving you a total of 48 pieces.
- Heat air fryer to 325F, line the bottom with some parchment paper. Bake the pieces in batches so they do not stick together, depending on the size of your air fryer, 3-4 batches should be enough.
- Bake each batch for 3 minutes then turn over pieces and bake another 3 minutes.
- In a bag mix together the sugars and cinnamon. As soon as the pieces come out of the air fryer shake them in the bag of the sugar mix.
- Serve with the icing that comes in the package. Each serving of 6 pieces lightly dipped in the icing is 7 points using the WW app, it has the cinnamon rolls with icing as 6PP plus I have added a point to each serving for the sugar used.