I love one pot meals, they make everything so simple and that’s what we need because let’s face it life is busy! This one pot Mexican chicken & rice was amazing, so much flavor and a nice hearty meal… no joke I ate it 3 days straight! This dish only takes about 30 minutes from start to finish and it’s a meal the whole family can enjoy. Makes 6- 1 cup servings at 4 smart points on WW freestyle.
One Pot Mexican chicken & rice
- 1 lb ground chicken *weighed raw
- 1 package Uncle Ben's bistro express mexican style rice
- 1 package taco seasoning - 35g
- 2 cans 284ml rotel chopped tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 cup diced peppers
- 1/2 cup diced onion *I used red
- 1 cup reduced fat shredded cheese I used a 3 blend
- In a large pot on the stove cook the ground chicken
- Add in the rotel chopped tomatoes, peppers, onion and taco seasoing and mix well.
- Cook the uncle ben's rice in the microwave as directed on package and add to mixture.
- Let cook for 15 minutes over medium heat.
- Top with shredded cheese and leave on the heat until the cheese melts
- Serve immediantly.. makes 6- 1 cup servings, store in the fridge, leftovers will freeze well.
- *Note- feel free to add in extra veggies or beans to bulk it up, if it seems to thick by adding extra ingredients you may want to add a little water.