Mini muffins are a great snack to have on hand. My mini banana Nutella muffins are decadent and make for a great little baked treat to enjoy. These muffins actually bake up nicely and don’t seem to “mini” the Nutella swirl on top makes them feel like they are quite the indulgence, I mean how can you not love Nutella!
Mini banana nutella muffins
2PP, 2SP each
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 very ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/3 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp nutella
- Preheat oven to 350F, spray a 24 mini muffin pan and set aside.
- Using a electric mixer beat your bananas, egg, sugar, apple sauce and vanilla.
- Stir in your flour, baking powder & soda and cinnamon.
- Fill your 24 mini muffin pan, top each with 1/4 tsp of nutella.
- Using a tooth pick, swirl around your nutella, batter will be thick and this may seem tricky but just do your best.
- Bake in the oven for 12-14 minutes. Each muffin is 2PP/2SP or 1 point plus. These muffins are best stored in the fridge.
- Nutritional info (not incl banana) Each muffin .. Calories 46.. Fat 0.8g.. Saturated fat 0.2g.. Carbs 8.7g... Fiber 0.3g... Sugars 2.2g... Protein 1.1g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
These were AMAZING!! Only issue i had was being able to stop eating them!
Ha! yeah that can be a problem sometimes 😉 I am glad you enjoyed them 🙂
Do you think this recipe would work the same with the Nutella as a filling in the middle instead of being swirled?
I think so 🙂
Has anyone tried using less sugar or subbing with honey or maple syrup?
I am sure you can but the points might be higher using those