If your familiar with not just my recipes but me and my picky way of eating from perhaps following along on my Instagram then you’d know I don’t really do vegetables 😉 and I know I am not alone out there! Yes of course I know they are good for you, you’d have to be living under a rock to not know that, it’s common sense but… I am the type of person that does not wan’t to force myself to eat things simply because they are the healthy choice, I need to like it and enjoy it… well this loaded cauliflower bake is the answer.. it is how you get me to eat vegetables 🙂 I was in love with this recipe and I am pretty sure I could of inhaled the whole dish… at 4 freestyle smart points per serving it would not have been that much damage lol.. It makes a great side dish and I can’t recommend it enough!
Loaded cauliflower bake
- 1 head of cauliflower washed and cut (I only used fresh cauliflower, I think frozen will work but might have added water)
- 6 slices of low point bacon I use center cut bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup fat free sour cream
- 1/2 cup low fat plain yogurt I used the Skyr yogurt, greek is good too
- 1 28 g package ranch dip seasoning
- Dash of salt & pepper
- 1 cup reduced fat shredded cheese I used a 3 cheese blend
- Green onion diced
- Boil your cauliflower florets for about 15 minutes, drain and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375F, spray a 9x13 casserole dish with some non stick spray.
- In a large bowl mix your sour cream, yogurt, ranch seasoning, salt & pepper, 1/2 of your crumbled bacon and 1/2 cup of your cheese (leave other 1/2 cup aside and half bacon for topping)
- Add in your cauliflower and mix well.
- Place cauliflower mixture in your casserole dish, top with your remaining cheese, bacon and diced green onion. Cover with foil and bake in oven for 20 minutes. Remove foil and bake another 7 minutes.
- Makes 6 servings, each weighing approx 7.5oz , 4 freestyle smart points per serving on all 3 MyWW programs (3 points plus, old WW program) Recipe should freeze well
- Nutritional info per serving.. Calories 113..Fat 5.6g...Sat fat 3.4g..Carbs 6.2g..Fiber 0g...Sugars 4g..Protein 10.7g..
- *Note, you could also use bacon crumble (in the package) if you can't find low point bacon, it is fairly low in points..