I decided to do another spin on my famous 2 smart point yogurt muffins in honor of the holidays approaching. These gingerbread banana yogurt muffins are delicious! They make a great grab and go breakfast or a nice afternoon treat, just 2 smart points each, now that’s a good day in my books! They don’t have an overpowering gingerbread taste so if you normally don’t eat that flavor I would highly suggest you still try them out, my friend who claimed to hate gingerbread cookies loved these muffins.. 🙂 Go bake some up today, you won’t be disappointed.
Gingerbread banana yogurt muffins
- 1/3 cup +1 Tbsp plain yogurt (I used Skyr Icelandic style yogurt here in Canada, plain 0% greek will work just as well)
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp liquid egg whites
- 2.5 Tbsp molasses
- 1 large mashed banana
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1.5 tsp ginger
- Preheat oven to 350F, spray a regular sized muffin tin with some non stick spray, do not use paper liners!
- In a bowl whisk together your egg and egg whites, add in your molasses, yogurt, mashed banana and vanilla and mix well.
- Stir in your flour, baking powder & soda and spices.
- Fill 10 muffin cups with batter and bake in oven for 20 minutes.
- Makes 10 muffins at 2 smart points each (2 points plus) Muffins best stored in fridge, they will freeze well.
- Nutritional info per muffin (not incl banana) Calories 73...Fat 0.7g...Sat fat 0.2g...Carbs 13.1g...Fiber 0.4g...Sugar 4.1g...Protein 3.2g