Alright guys.. so I listened to how much you love my 2 point greek yogurt muffin combinations, like my strawberry banana and lemon blueberry banana ones and just knew I needed to create a new flavor... say hello to these ever so delicious chocolate cherry greek yogurt muffins.. and yes only 2 smart points each 🙂 I promise they will become a new favorite!
Chocolate cherry greek yogurt mufins
- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites I use liquid egg whites
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar
- ½ cup 0% cherry flavored greek yogurt if you can't find cherry vanilla will work just as well
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoon unsweetened apple sauce
- 3 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup frozen cherries cut in half
- Preheat oven to 350F and spray a regular sized muffin pan with non stick spray.
- In a bowl, using an electric mixer beat together your egg, egg whites and brown sugar, stir in your yogurt, apple sauce and vanilla.
- Mix in flour, baking powder, baking soda and cocoa powder.
- Fold in your cut cherries.
- Fill 10 muffin cups with batter and bake in oven for approx 25 minutes.
- Let cool 5 minutes.. Makes 10 muffins at 2 smart points each (2PP) Best stored in sealed container, after 1 day store in fridge.
- Nutritional info per muffin (not incl cherries) Calories 80...Fat 0.7g..Sat fat 0.2g...Carbs 14.5g...Fiber 0.7g..Sugars 3.4g..Protein 4.2g