Alright guys.. so I listened to how much you love my 2 point greek yogurt muffin combinations, like my strawberry banana and lemon blueberry banana ones and just knew I needed to create a new flavor… say hello to these ever so delicious chocolate cherry greek yogurt muffins.. and yes only 2 smart points each 🙂 I promise they will become a new favorite!
Chocolate cherry greek yogurt mufins
- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites (I use liquid egg whites)
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 cup 0% cherry flavored greek yogurt (if you can't find cherry vanilla will work just as well)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened apple sauce
- 3 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup frozen cherries (cut in half)
- Preheat oven to 350F and spray a regular sized muffin pan with non stick spray.
- In a bowl, using an electric mixer beat together your egg, egg whites and brown sugar, stir in your yogurt, apple sauce and vanilla.
- Mix in flour, baking powder, baking soda and cocoa powder.
- Fold in your cut cherries.
- Fill 10 muffin cups with batter and bake in oven for approx 25 minutes.
- Let cool 5 minutes.. Makes 10 muffins at 2 smart points each (2PP) Best stored in sealed container, after 1 day store in fridge.
- Nutritional info per muffin (not incl cherries) Calories 80...Fat 0.7g..Sat fat 0.2g...Carbs 14.5g...Fiber 0.7g..Sugars 3.4g..Protein 4.2g
Made this today and a couple of other Greek yogart recipes you have and they are fantasic the kids approve which is awesome! And so low in calaries which I was looking for a d hard to find thanks 🙂
Hi Sandi, so glad everyone enjoyed the muffins, I have a few more tricks up my sleeve for flavor combinations 🙂
I made these yesterday and really enjoyed them – thank you for sharing the recipe! 🙂
Your very welcome, glad you enjoyed them 🙂
Shoot! I just made these and doubled the recipe and then forgot to make twice the amount of muffins! They are HUGE and probably 5 points, but they look great!
Haha! Well big muffins sound good in my books 🙂
Hi! I made these last night and they were AMAZING! I look forward to trying your other 2 point muffin recipes as well! Thank you so much for sharing!!
Hi, so glad you enjoyed them and hope you enjoy the others 🙂
Hey Kate! Quick question – do you thaw the cherries first or just put them in frozen?
Hi Kerry, I put them in frozen 🙂
These are delicious! They are also excellent with frozen peaches instead of cherries.
Oh yum I love the peaches addition 🙂 glad you enjoy them
Did u still out in the cocoa powder and would u use peach yogurt
Pingback: Delicious and Decadent Weight Watchers Chocolate Desserts
these were so good. really hit the spot. i think next time i’ll cut the cherries into 4 pieces so they’re a little more spread out. but YAY for these!
Hi Emily, so glad you enjoyed them 🙂
0% cherry flavored greek yogurt is what the recipe calls for. Does this mean Fat Free?
Yes, 0% is non fat