Even though we have been under some heat spells this last week, I am getting all the fall feels knowing that crisp cool air is right around the corner. I wanted to make a quick and easy apple dessert since I had picked up a big bag of apples from the farmers market. This caramel apple crisp is super easy to whip up and so delicious, perfect for those cozy Sunday evenings after dinner. This dessert is easily enjoyed on its own or add in a little ice cream. Serves 6 at 5 smart points per serving on WW freestyle.
Caramel apple crisp
- 6 medium apples peeled and diced
- 1/2 Tbsp cinnamon
- Freshly squeezed lemon juice I used 1/2 of a lemon
- 1/4 cup flour
- 3/4 cup oats I used Quaker quick oats
- 1.5 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 Tbsp light butter melted (I use Gay Leah brand)
- 1/4 cup sugar-free caramel sauce I used Smucker's
- Preheat oven to 350F, spray a 9x13 casserole dish with some nonstick spray and set aside.
- Peel and dice your apples, then mix your diced apples with the lemon juice and cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl mix your flour, oats, brown sugar and nuts together. Then stir in your melted butter and caramel sauce.
- Place apples in your casserole dish then top with your oat/nut topping, it will be sticky, divide evenly over your apples.
- Bake in the oven for 40 minutes.
- Makes 6 servings, each serving approx 6oz, best served warm. Store leftovers in the fridge.
Smart Points- (purple) 4 using WW recipe builder
Points Plus- 4 using PP calculator
Nutritional info- Calories 231...Fat 6.1g..Sat fat 1.4g...Carbs 44.2g...Fiber 6.4g...Sugar 19.6g...Protein 2.2g using My Fitness Pal *please note, these numbers include all ingredients (apples included) the points for old SP & PP were determined before entering the apples into the nutriton info, the apples increased the sugar and carb count