It’s almost fall, the days will be cooling down and I can’t think of anything better than a nice warm bowl of hearty stew! This turkey stew is so simple to make, just throw everything in the crockpot and enjoy the delicious smells all day long. Makes 10- 1 cup servings, 0SP on purple, 1SP on blue and 2SP on the green MyWW program.
Make sure you cut up the carrots into thin slices, carrots always take the longest to cook and if the pieces are too big they may still be a bit hard.
Feel free to add in other vegetables of your choice, the great thing about this stew is you can add in anything.
Cut the potatoes into small pieces so you have enough to be in each serving.
Storing and re-heating
Store leftovers in the fridge for up to 3 days, this stew will freeze great! To reheat from frozen, let thaw then heat up in a pan on the stove over medium heat, or you can use the microwave.
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 can diced tomatoes, 796ml
- 1 cup diced red onion
- 1.5 cups thinly sliced carrots
- 1 cup diced celery
- 2 cups potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp chili powder
- Brown the ground turkey in a frying pan on the stove. Add to the crockpot
- Mix in all ingredients and cook on high for 4-5 hours, low 8 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Recipe makes 10- 1 cup servings