You might be looking for some New Years’ Eve recipes to serve up and this turkey cheesy queso dip is just what you need! I am ALL about the hot dips, it’s hard for me to walk away from them haha so when I can create a lightened up delicious dish it makes me happy! This tasty dip comes together in less than 30 minutes and I promise it will be a hit. Makes 8 servings at 2SP each on blue & purple and 4SP on green, serve up with some nacho chips or your favorite veggies.
- 1lb ground turkey *weighed raw
- 2 garlic cloves, diced
- 6 light laughing cow wedges
- 2-10oz cans Rotel diced tomato with green chilies
- 12oz can of corn, drained
- 1 cup reduced fat shredded cheese *I used a 3 cheese blend
- Fresh tomatoes & green onion for topping *optional
- In a large pan cook the ground turkey over medium heat on the stove *I used a skillet but any pan will do and you can always transfer to a dish for serving.
- Add in the garlic while turkey is cooking.
- Once the turkey is cooked add the laughing cow wedges and continue cooking on medium heat, the cheese will eventually melt into the meat mixture, turn stovetop to low
- Then add the diced tomatoes, drained corn and ¾ cup of cheese, leave remainder ¼ cup for topping.
- Stir well while cooking over low heat, once the cheese has melted remove from the stove top, sprinkle with cheese, fresh tomatoes and green onion (optional)
- Serve warm.. dip will store well in the fridge and can be reheated
Smart points- green- 4 using WW recipe builder
Points plus- 4 using PP calculator
Nutritional info per serving.. Calories 148...Fat 4.7g...Sat fat 2.5g...Carbs 6.3g...Fiber 1g...Sugar 3.8g...Protein 20.8g using My Fitness Pal