I’m a potato girl at heart, any dish with potatoes in it I’m all in! I wanted a simple slow cooker meal that took little prep time and I could just let it do it’s thing while I worked. This chicken taco & potato casserole was delicious and the leftovers were even better! It only takes about 15 minutes to prep, you can easily add in some extra zero smart point veggies of your liking and it made such a hearty meal to enjoy on a cool fall night. Makes 8- 1 cup servings, 2SP on purple, 4SP on blue and 5SP on green.
Slow cooker chicken taco & potato casserole
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1.5 lb mini potatoes 680G- approx 4 cups I used mini white- sliced
- 1 cup diced peppers
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 garlic clove diced
- 1 can low fat cream of chicken soup- 284ml
- 1 packet taco seasoning-24g
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup reduced-fat shredded cheese
- Cook the ground chicken in a frying pan on the stove over medium heat.
- Slice the mini potatoes, you can either slice or dice them, either way is fine, I went with slicing them.
- Turn slow cooker on to high, layer potatoes on the bottom of the dish.
- Top the potatoes with the cooked ground chicken, add peppers, onions and garlic. Then top with the cream of chicken soup, broth, seasoning mix and cheese. *Feel free to add in some corn, I am personally not a big fan but it would be a great addition. *Also feel free to swap out the chicken for turkey and keep the points the same, and you could also double the chicken/turkey if you want to bulk it up more, for blue & purple this would not change the points, if you do double up then I suggest adding another 1/2-1 cup of broth.
- Stir well- cook on high about 4-5 hours or low 7-8 hours, once potatoes are cooked through it is done. Makes 8- 1 cup servings, store in fridge, this recipe will freeze well.
Smart Points- Green-5 using WW recipe builder
Smart Points- Purple-2 using WW recipe builder
Points Plus- 4 using PP calculator
Nutritional info per serving..Calories 200...Fat 8g..Sat fat 3g...Carbs 8.1g...Fiber 1.2g..Sugar 1.1g..Protein 15.7g using My Fitness Pal *note-these numbers include all ingredients even zero point foods so if you use these numbers in a WW calculator you may get a different point value