I think muffins have to be one of my favorite things to bake.. I mean who does’nt love a good fresh baked delicious muffin?? These raspberry streusel muffins are so good and you won’t believe they are only 3 smart points.. A perfect sweet muffin to cure any sweet snack attack that might come on.. I think they just might be my new favorite muffin!!
Raspberry strudel muffins
3PP, 3SP blue, green & purple
- 1 cup flour
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 100 g greek 0% yogurt I used vanilla
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- For the topping
- 2.5 Tbsp sugar
- 3 Tbsp flour
- 1 Tbsp melted butter
- Preheat oven to 375F, spray a 12 hole regular sized muffin tin with non stick spray.
- In a bowl whisk together your egg and sugar, add in your apple sauce, yogurt and vanilla.
- Stir in your flour and baking powder.
- In a small bowl mix together your 2.5T sugar, 3T flour and melted butter for your crumble topping.
- Divide your batter into the 12 muffin cups, top with your fresh raspberries and then sprinkle your strudel topping over muffins.
- Bake in oven for approx 23-25 minutes.
- Makes 12 muffins at 3 personal points or 3 smart points each on all 3 MyWW programs or 2 points plus
- Nutritional info per muffin (not incl berries) Calories 84..Fat 1.5g...Saturated fat 0.8g...Carbs 15.4g...Fiber 0.4g...Sugars 6.5g...Protein 2.4g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Is there anything you could sub for the yogurt that is dairy free?
Hi Samantha, I am not too sure what dairy free options you could use to keep these with the same texture and taste.. Using something like a mashed banana would change everything about them so I am not sure sorry 🙁
I just made them. So easy but so delicious. I only had plain yogurt and were soooooo delicious. Please keep the recipes coming. Thank you so much
Hi Judy, I sure will! And so happy to hear you enjoyed the muffins 🙂
HI There, can i sub the regular flour for coconout flour? thanks in advance
Hi, I don’t have experience baking with coconut flour sorry, I know it can be difficult to bake with, so I think it would just have to be trial and error..
These were absolutely amazing! My whole family loved them. One question, were they meant to be baked as mini or regular muffins? I used a regular muffin pan but I couldn’t get 12 muffins, I only got 9
So glad you all enjoyed them 🙂 They are regular sized muffins, so I’m guessing you made them slightly bigger than they should of been..
These are sooooo good!!
Glad you enjoyed them Susan 🙂
stupid question here, how much is 100g of yogurt?
i was just going to make these right now but not sure what 100g of yogurt?? how much is that
Hi, 100g of yogurt is just over 1/3 cup
Just wondering what kind of flour you used?! I like to use whole wheat but don’t want to ruin the gorgeous looking muffins! Thanks 🙂
I always use all purpose, I am sure whole wheat would work but yes it might affect how they look slightly 😉
I just made these, they do make 12, smaller than dome and denser, but so good. Thanks fir all the great recipes.
Hi Vicki, glad you enjoyed the muffins 🙂
These muffins are indeed yummy fresh but I wanted to know how about after freezing (typically there are never any left to freeze). This morning I reheated one in the microwave and it was luscious! I was truly impressed. These muffins have always been a family favorite-but this puts them a little higher on the menu rotation now. Thank you Kate.
Hi Debby, I freeze all my muffins with no issues, I usually will let them thaw out on counter a few hours then I like to heat up in the toaster to crisp them up a bit 🙂 so glad your enjoying them