Simple.. that was what I was after when creating this dish.. because who has time for anything other than simple right 😉 Pizza and pasta, can you even go wrong?? This pizza pasta bake was so good and so easy to make, I am sure it will be a family hit.. Makes 6 servings at 7 smart points each, and feel free to bulk it up with some veggie add-ins..
Pepperoni pizza pasta bake
4-7PP, 7SP blue & green, 4SP purple (if using whole wheat pasta)
- 2 cups of pasta (I weighed mine dry as that was what the nutrition info on box was for, pic below)
- 1 cup reduced fat pasta sauce
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 1/2 Tbsp italian seasoning
- Pepperoni slices (I used 40 slices, 112g, pic below)
- 1 cup reduced fat shredded mozzarella
- Boil pasta according to package, drain and add to a bowl.
- Preheat oven to 350F, spray a 9x13 casserole dish.
- In your bowl mix pasta, pasta sauce, pizza sauce, and seasoning.
- Cut half of your pepperoni in small pieces and mix into your pasta, add in 1/2 cup of mozzarella.
- Pour out into your casserole dish and pat down evenly.
- Top with remaining cheese and then pepperoni slices, finish with a little extra italian seasoning.
- Cover with foil and bake in oven for 20 minutes, remove foil and continue baking 15 more minutes.
- Cut into 6 equal servings (about 7oz each) each serving is 7 smart points on blue & green, 4SP on purple if using whole wheat pasta, 4-7PP depending on your 0PP foods, (6 points plus- old program)
- Nutritional info per serving .. Calories 231... Fat 7.4g...Sat fat 3.1g...Carbs 27.9g... Fiber 4.7g...Sugars 3.8g...Protein 12.7g
- *Feel free to add in extra veggie toppings you would normally like on your pizza, pasta bake will freeze well.
Made this for supper tonight. I added lean ground beef and it brought my points up quite a bit. But was still very delicious!! Thank you!!
I tried this recipe out this evening and it was a huge hit! I added squash to it, for some bulk and extra fiber. I love a hearty meal that doesn’t cost me a ton of smart points!! Plus, my fiance gave it two thumbs up! This one will certainly be made again soon.
Yay I am so glad you both enjoyed it and way to bulk it up 🙂
where do you buy the blue menu pasta? I looked online and I cant find it in any stores around me ;( (Springfield, IL)
Hi Heather, PC Blue menu is a Canadian brand, I did post the SP value for the serving size so you could compare it with another brand 🙂
Made this tonight and we ALL loved it!! Big hit with the family too! Thanks so much Kate!
Hi Kerry, so glad the family enjoyed it 🙂
Easy to make. Tastes amazing. Perfect dinner recipe that all ages in my family from 2 to 54yrs loved. Thanks for another fabulous recipe and keeping us deliciously on track ????
HI Lisa, aww thanks for your sweet words, so glad everyone enjoyed it 🙂
This sounds really good! Love anything Italian! One question, though. What is the difference between pasta sauce and pizza sauce? I’m not familiar with pasta sauce.
HI Kathy, pasta sauce comes in the bigger jars or cans for spaghetti , pizza sauce is usually sold in smaller cans and is meant for making your own pizza’s, the taste is different, to me anyway
This recipe is right up my alley. I have one question…Does 85 grams mean 2 cups (dry)?
85g is 1 cup dry
Did you use regular pepperoni or turkey? If you used regular, how many points would it be if you used turkey? Or do you not recommend that? Thanks.
Hi I use reg pepperoni, I don’t like turkey so I am sorry but unsure of the points , as long as you like turkey I am sure it will work out fine
What kind of pasta sauce did you use in this recipe?
I usually use a PC blue menu pasta sauce for my recipes, it is a Canadian brand and reduced fat but other brands should carry something similar
Thank you! I am in Canada and can purchase PC brands. I can’t wait to try this ????
Awesome, enjoy!! 🙂
So yummy!! I appreciate that most of your recipes use “regular” ingredients – nothing “weird”! LOL So far my family has enjoyed every recipe of yours I’ve tried! Thank you for your efforts…it has made my WW journey so much easier. =)
Thank you so much for your sweet words Paula.. Haha I get a lot of people that thank me for not using “weird” ingredients 😉 Good luck on your journey!! 🙂
This might be a dumb question, but if I add veggies (like green pepper, onion, mushrooms), should I cook them first?
You don’t have to but you could if you prefer them to me more of a sauteed veggie
This was absolutely AMAZING – my husband loved it and it was so easy to make. It will absolutely be a staple – he asked if we could have it every week! I only had an 8×8 pan, but I assume that 7oz is 7oz whether it comes out of a 9×13 pan or an 8×8 pan. I weighed it out, so hoping it was still only 7 SP! 🙂
Hi Ally, so glad you both enjoyed it, it is such a simple dish to make and so yummy, yup 7oz is 7oz 🙂
Do you think I would be able to put everything together but not cook it until the next day?
I think if you leave it in the fridge, yes it should be ok
This only filled half the pan ? Looks like enough for 4, which is fine for us. Looks delicious
Hi Sara, I used a 9×13 dish and it is not filled to the top
OMG!!! This was sooooo good! I added sliced mushrooms, onion and bell pepper to the mix without sautéing first. Outstanding!!!!
Yay, glad you enjoyed it Kelli 🙂
Made this last night for dinner- was fantastic! Added saute mushrooms. Still can’t get over how great it was!
Hi Christine, I am so glad you enjoyed it 🙂
I made this tonight for the first time and it was fantastic. My husband loved it and he requested it for dinner next week already. Thank you for the easy and tasty recipe!
How do you figure the serving size?
Hi Julie, I do have it listed as about 7oz, I divided into 6 servings and weighed them to determine the average was 7oz per serving (step 8 lists the serving size)
Pingback: Weekly Meal Prep (June 20, 2021) – ww Nicky
Love this recipe! A real bonus is that leftovers freeze really well. Thank you for this one.
Hi Jeanne, I am so glad you are enjoying the pizza pasta bake, it is one of my favorites too 🙂