Simple.. that was what I was after when creating this dish.. because who has time for anything other than simple right 😉 Pizza and pasta, can you even go wrong?? This pizza pasta bake was so good and so easy to make, I am sure it will be a family hit.. Makes 6 servings at 7 smart points each, and feel free to bulk it up with some veggie add-ins..
Pepperoni pizza pasta bake
- 2 cups of pasta I weighed mine dry as that was what the nutrition info on box was for, pic below
- 1 cup reduced fat pasta sauce
- ½ cup pizza sauce
- ½ tablespoon italian seasoning
- Pepperoni slices I used 40 slices, 112g, pic below
- 1 cup reduced fat shredded mozzarella
- Boil pasta according to package, drain and add to a bowl.
- Preheat oven to 350F, spray a 9x13 casserole dish.
- In your bowl mix pasta, pasta sauce, pizza sauce, and seasoning.
- Cut half of your pepperoni in small pieces and mix into your pasta, add in ½ cup of mozzarella.
- Pour out into your casserole dish and pat down evenly.
- Top with remaining cheese and then pepperoni slices, finish with a little extra italian seasoning.
- Cover with foil and bake in oven for 20 minutes, remove foil and continue baking 15 more minutes.
- Cut into 6 equal servings (about 7oz each) each serving is 7 smart points on blue & green, 4SP on purple if using whole wheat pasta, 4-7PP depending on your 0PP foods, (6 points plus- old program)
- Nutritional info per serving .. Calories 231... Fat 7.4g...Sat fat 3.1g...Carbs 27.9g... Fiber 4.7g...Sugars 3.8g...Protein 12.7g
- *Feel free to add in extra veggie toppings you would normally like on your pizza, pasta bake will freeze well.