Us peanut butter lovers know the struggle when it comes to coughing up the points so we can indulge on it! 😉 Whether it be right from the jar on a spoon or spread on some toast, lets face it peanut butter is amazing… I like the real deal, for me its Kraft peanut butter or nothing! I don’t bake with it too often but I was determined to make a low point mini muffin to cure those peanut butter cravings, not to mention chocolate as well. These little 2 point muffins are so yummy!
Peanut butter banana chocolate mini muffins
- 1 T light margarine
- 2 T white sugar
- 2 T brown sugar
- 3 T egg whites
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2/3 cup mashed banana
- 1/2 t vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup light peanut butter I use Kraft
- 2/3 cup white flour
- 1/2 t baking powder
- 3/4 t baking soda
- 2 T mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325F, spray mini muffin tins and set aside.
- With electric mixer beat margarine with sugars. Add egg whites, applesauce, banana and vanilla and continue beating. Beat in peanut butter, mix for 2 minutes on medium speed.
- With a spoon mix in remaining dry, then fold in chocolate chips. Fill muffin tins to the top.
- Bake in oven for approx. 15-18 minutes. Yields 28-30 mini muffins at 2sp or 1pp each.
- Nutritional info (not incl banana) Calories.. 39...Fat 1.4g...Saturated fat 0.4g...Carbs 5.9g..Fiber 0.3g..Sugars 2.8g..Protein 0.9g