I had a basket of peaches to use up and I knew just the thing I wanted to make! This peach apple “butter” which is kind of like a jam or similar to applesauce is sweet and delicious! First things first, your house will smell amazing while it’s cooking, like fall exploding all over the kitchen haha! It is simple to make, pop everything in the slow cooker in just a few minutes and let it cook away. There are so many things you can do with this “butter”, use it on toast, pancakes, use it in your favorite muffin or loaf recipe, or if you’d rather just sit there with a spoon and gobble it up 🙂 The recipe makes 3 cups and will store in the fridge for up to a few weeks, you can also freeze it. For freestyle, since I don’t count fruit regardless then the only points in this recipe is the little bit of brown sugar, making a 1 cup serving just 1 SP on WW freestyle. If you do count blended fruit which is totally up to you then there is nutritional info below.
Peach apple butter
- 2 lbs fresh peaches peeled and cut *approx 7 peaches depending on size
- 2 large apples peeled and cut *I used granny smith but any is fine
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp all spice
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup water
- Peel and cut both the peaches and apples and place in crock pot, add in spices, sugar, water and vanilla and cook on high 3-4 hours or low 7-8 hours. You want both the apples and peaches to easily be pierced with a fork.
- Transfer to a blender or use an immersion blender and blend till smooth, similar to an applesauce texture.
- Recipe made 3 cups, the butter will store well in the fridge for up to 2 weeks, you can also freeze it. Store in a mason jar or sealed container.
- The only points in the recipe is 4SP from the brown sugar, making 3/4 cup 1SP on all 3 MyWW programs, if you just use a few tablespoons on some toast then it will be zero points. Note *If you count blended fruit then feel free to use the nutritional info to determine points.
- There are so many different ways to enjoy this delicous butter/jam, use it on toast or crackers, enjoy it on pancakes or ice cream, any muffin recipe that calls for applesauce you can swap out for this peach apple butter, the possibilities are endless!
Calories 29...Fat 0.1g...Sat fat 0g...Carbs 7.4g...Fiber 1g..Sugar 6.4g...Protein 0.4g
*Please note if entering these numbers into the WW caculator you will get a higer point value, as mentioned in recipe the only points I counted for the whole recipe is the 4SP for the brown sugar as I do not count for fruit regardless..These nutrtional numbers are for those that count their calories etc..