I was looking to create another 2 point yogurt muffin as those recipes seem to do so well with everyone, because who does'nt like having a 2 point muffin 🙂 These orange yogurt muffins are only 2 smart points without the glaze but I strongly recommend spending the extra point and making the glaze, it finishes them off with such a sweetness and really 3 points for a muffin is still fantastic! Bake some up today, I promise you will love them!
Orange glazed yogurt muffins
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoon liquid egg whites I buy the carton of egg whites
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ⅓ cup unsweetened apple sauce
- ½ cup plain or vanilla yogurt, I use the President Choice Skyr Icelandic yogurt, 0% greek is fine too)
- 3 tablespoon fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated orange zest use a grater and grate the peel from your orange
- FOR THE GLAZE
- 3 tablespoon icing sugar confectionery sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated orange zest
- Preheat oven to 350F, spray a regular sized muffin tin with some non stick spray.
- In a bowl whisk together your egg and egg whites, add in sugar and stir well.
- Mix in apple sauce, yogurt and orange juice.
- Stir in your flour, baking powder & soda then fold in your orange zest.
- Fill 10 muffin cups with batter and bake for 16-18 minutes.
- While muffins are cooling make your glaze, in a small bowl mix your icing sugar and fresh squeezed orange juice together, stir in orange zest.
- Using a spoon top muffins with glaze, I found it worked best topping the muffin with glaze just before you are ready to eat it, the glaze will store well with some saran wrap over it.
- Makes 10 muffins at 3 smart points each (2 points plus) if you do not want the glaze the muffins are 2 SP each, store in a sealed container and best in fridge after a day or two.
- Nutritional info per muffin (with glaze) Calories 80... Fat 0.7g...Sat fat 0.2g... Carbs 14.3g...Fiber 0.4g...Sugar 5g..Protein 3.6g... Sodium 16.6mg