I love a good weekend brunch and this new recipe gives me all the brunch feels… I have a Monte cristo sandwich recipe that is very popular and a friendly follower (Hi Cheri) reached out and asked me my thoughts on a monte cristo bubble up dish.. after a little testing and trying to come up with something that would win the hearts of fellow brunch lovers I created this delicious monte cristo croissant bake. Simple to make and everyone on my end loved it, serves 6 at 6 smart points per serving on WW freestyle.
Monte cristo croissant bake
- 1 package of Pillsbury reduced fat croissants
- 4 oz lean deli ham sliced
- 2.5 oz reduced fat swiss cheese sliced
- 8 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk I used 1%
- 1 Tbsp fat free mayonnaise
- Dash of salt & pepper
- Bake the croissants as directions on package states, you can bake them up earlier in the day or even the night before.
- Once the croissants have cooled, preheat oven to 350F and spray a 9x13 casserole dish with some non stick spray.
- Cut open the 8 croissants, spread the mayonnaise evenly between all 8, then cut the deli ham and swiss cheese and divide evenly over the 8 croissants.
- Cut each sandwich into 4 pieces then spread pieces out in the casserole dish covering all areas.
- In a large measuring cup or bowl whisk together the eggs and milk then add a dash of salt & pepper. Pour egg mixture over the croissants being sure to cover all areas.
- Cover with tinfoil and bake in the oven for 30 minutes, then remove foil and bake another 10 min.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes then cut into 6 equal servings, each one weighing approx 6oz.
- *Note, I kept the recipe more traditional for a monte cristo sandwich but feel free to add in some veggies if you wish.
- *This recipe will freeze well and leftovers should be kept in the fridge