I love a good weekend brunch and this new recipe gives me all the brunch feels… I have a Monte cristo sandwich recipe that is very popular and a friendly follower (Hi Cheri) reached out and asked me my thoughts on a monte cristo bubble up dish.. after a little testing and trying to come up with something that would win the hearts of fellow brunch lovers I created this delicious monte cristo croissant bake. Simple to make and everyone on my end loved it, serves 6 at 7 points per serving on WW.
Monte cristo croissant bake
- 1 package of Pillsbury reduced fat croissants
- 4 oz lean deli ham sliced
- 2.5 oz reduced fat swiss cheese sliced
- 8 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk I used 1%
- 1 Tbsp fat free mayonnaise
- Dash of salt & pepper
- Bake the croissants as directions on package states, you can bake them up earlier in the day or even the night before.
- Once the croissants have cooled, preheat oven to 350F and spray a 9x13 casserole dish with some non stick spray.
- Cut open the 8 croissants, spread the mayonnaise evenly between all 8, then cut the deli ham and swiss cheese and divide evenly over the 8 croissants.
- Cut each sandwich into 4 pieces then spread pieces out in the casserole dish covering all areas.
- In a large measuring cup or bowl whisk together the eggs and milk then add a dash of salt & pepper. Pour egg mixture over the croissants being sure to cover all areas.
- Cover with tinfoil and bake in the oven for 30 minutes, then remove foil and bake another 10 min.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes then cut into 6 equal servings, each one weighing approx 6oz.
- *Note, I kept the recipe more traditional for a monte cristo sandwich but feel free to add in some veggies if you wish.
- *This recipe will freeze well and leftovers should be kept in the fridge
Points- 7 Personal points- 6-9 depending on your 0PP foods Freestyle smart points- (blue & purple) 6 using WW recipe builder Smart points- (green) 9 using SP calculator Points plus- 7 using PP calculator Nutritional info per serving.. Calories 273...Fat 14.5g..Sat fat 5.7g...Carbs 19.3g...Fiber 0g...Sugar 6.5g..Protein 17.7g using My Fitness Pal
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
I don’t mean to be nit-picky but I don’t see how 1 tablespoon of mayo can be spread on 8 croissants. But, I’ll be making this yummy looking recipe and just leave the mayo off.
I only used 1Tbsp, I measured it out, you really don’t need much and the croissants are very small
The croissants are NOT mammoth size so 1 tablespoon is plenty of mayonaise.
The Monte Cristo Sandwich has been a favorite of mine since I discovered it. I’ve had it for breakfast, lunch, and supper! This casserole is every bit as good, and is wonderful for sharing my obsession with a group. Thank you, Kate!
Thanks so much, Cheri, I appreciate your kind words and so glad you enjoyed it.. Thank you again for the inspiration 🙂
how many WW points with Cinnamon French toast bubble up
Sorry I’m not sure I understand your question
Would you recommend freezing this before or after baking? It sounds so delicious and i want to bring this to our weekend getaway but I want to prepare it ahead of time- If possible! Thanks!
It is nice freshly baked so possibly freezing beforehand but since I haven’t actually done that I can’t give an honest answer as to how it will turn out but it should freeze ok .. perhaps you could bake the croissants and build the sandwiches ahead of time and then just add the egg mixture when ready to bake?
That’s what I will be trying to do for this weekend getaway with my girlfriends! Let you know the results!
Have fun!! 🙂
This was delicious! Thank you for creating this yummy recipe and sharing! I can’t wait to try more of your recipes. Sooo good!
Hi Emily, so glad you enjoyed it and I hope you continue to enjoy the recipes 🙂
A true Monte Cristo has jam served with it. Have you tried this with any?
Hi Roni, no I have not but feel free to add some, my objective was to keep points low 🙂
I am going to try this and maybe add a little of my favourite grainy Dijon to the mayo. Sounds delicious./ We would have it for a simple weeknight supper with a side salad. Love your recipes!
Sounds delicious Terry, hope you enjoy it 🙂
Would it change the points much to use turkey? I can’t have ham for religious reasons.
If anything the points might go down by 1 per serving since turkey is a zero point food
Thank you, Kate, for this great recipe and thank you, Terry, for the dijon mustard advice. I’m not crazy about all the eggs (I’m doing Return to 30), so I’m thinking of using half the eggs and making up by using egg whites to lower the points. Thank you, Kate, for all of your hard work so that we can easily find good, healthy recipes for our families. 🙂
Thank you for your kind words Suzanne 🙂 good luck on your journey!
Can you make this ahead and refrigerate overnight before baking?
Hi Britt, yes that should work out fine 🙂 Hope you enjoy it
Hello! This sounds delicious; however, the ingredients list doesn’t include the eggs. How many eggs do you use?
Yes it does…. 8 eggs
How/if any veggies could you add????
Hi, I’d suggest maybe adding some to the croissant sandwiches before cutting them, maybe sliced tomatoes, mushrooms, peppers/onions.. or you could add diced veggies to the egg that your pour over them
Made this for the first time yesterday and my hubby and I both found it delicious!
Hi Shari, Yay! I am so glad you both enjoyed it 🙂