A while back I made these parmesan garlic & bacon potato patties as I was craving a rosti style potato but with a little more flavor. These patties are super easy to make and are great for a side dish or even serve them up as appetizers. You can even add in some extra stuff if you wish, like veggies or shredded cheese, just remember to alter the points. These tasty bites of potato heaven are just 2 smart points each on WW freestyle
Parmesan garlic bacon potato patties
- 3 medium potatoes
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 3 slices center cut bacon cooked and crumbled *save the bacon grease in the pan
- 2 Tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- Dash of salt & pepper
- 1 tsp cajun seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- Peel and cut your potatoes in two, and parboil them for about 8 minutes, let cool *you can rinse under cool water.
- Using a cheese grater, shred your potatoes.
- In a bowl mix your potatoes, eggs, flour, parmesan and seasonings, add in your cooked bacon and mix well.
- Form into patties, each one about 1/4 cup of potato mixture.
- Heat up your bacon grease you set aside and fry patties for at least 5 minutes each side flipping occasionally.. Drain patties on a paper towel to get excess grease, serve warm.
- Potato patties will freeze well.