How fun are these mini corn dog muffins! They are super easy to make and sure to be a big hit at your next cookout. Serve them up with a big bowl of chili at your next football party or make them as an after school snack for the kids. Using simple ingredients these delicious bite-size muffins take only minutes to prepare. If you are following WW or looking to lower the calories you can use your favorite point-friendly hot dogs or try chicken/turkey hot dogs.
- Yellow cornmeal
- Baking powder
- Hot dogs
Mix all of the dry ingredients into a large bowl. In a small bowl whisk the egg with the milk and oil. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir well.
Place a heaping tablespoon of batter into each muffin cup, then place one piece of hot dog in each.
You can use any brand of hot dogs, you could use cooked sausage as well if you prefer. If you are looking to lower the calories or WW points then try using chicken or turkey hot dogs, or your favorite low-calorie/point hot dogs.
Once you have let the muffins cool for a few minutes carefully take them out with the help of a knife around the edges.
Serve with some ketchup and mustard for dipping or try some of my homemade low point ranch dip.
These mini muffins would be great served with a big bowl of chili, they are sure to be a big hit!
Store any leftover muffins in the fridge in a sealed container for 2-3 days. These muffins will freeze well, to reheat you can put them in the air fryer or the oven.
Mini corn dog muffins
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 1/4 cup milk, I used 1%
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 7 hot dogs
- Preheat the oven to 425F, spray a mini muffin tin with some non-stick cooking spray.
- Cut the hot dogs into 5 pieces each, giving you 35 pieces in total.
- In a large bowl mix together cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. In a small bowl whisk the egg, milk and oil together. Add wet ingredients to dry and mix well.
- Use a heaping Tbsp of batter in each mini muffin cup, then press one piece of hot dog into the center of the batter.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes or until the muffins are golden brown, let cool for a few minutes before serving.
- The recipe makes 35 mini muffins, store any leftovers in the fridge for a few days or you can freeze them.
Looking for some other fun appetizers to serve up? Try my Turkey sausage rolls or my Philly cheesesteak biscuit bites