Breakfast hands down is my favorite meal.. it's when I like to have the most fun with my food and try to get creative. I have to tackle my dislike for eggs though.. I know I know... eggs and breakfast go together like milk and cookies 😉 I can't do eggs on their own but I have learned how to enjoy them by getting a little creative with some "eggy" recipes and putting a little twist on it. My banana cinnamon french toast is one of my favorite recipes to cook up in the morning so I decided to play on that one and created this delicious maple pecan banana french toast, just 6 freestyle smart points per serving.
Maple pecan banana french toast
- 6 slices low calorie bread I used Sara Lee 45 calorie multigrain bread
- 1 large mashed banana
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup milk I used 1%
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoon no sugar added maple syrup see picture below
- 2 tablespoon chopped pecans
- In a bowl whisk together your egg and milk, add in mashed banana, syrup and vanilla.
- Preheat pan or griddle that has been sprayed with non stick cooking spray on stove over medium heat.
- Dip bread in egg/banana mixture and coat well, then place in heated pan.
- Bread will take longer than regular french toast due to the heavier mixture using the banana, flip after about 8-10 minutes to cook both sides.
- Top each 3 piece servings with 1 tablespoon chopped pecans and additional syrup and sprinkle of icing sugar (optional)
- Serves 2 at 6 SP Freestyle, 7 SP & 6PP.. nutritional info per serving (not incl banana) Calories 250...Fat 9.2g...Sat fat 1.5g... Carbs 31.7g... Fiber 8.3g... Sugar 6.4g...Protein 14.1g