Happy September… It is all things pumpkin month.. because you know everywhere you turn you will see pumpkin flavored something or other 😉 I am a fairly new pumpkin lover, I mean I don’t go mad over it but I do love baking with it.. I was recently in the U.S doing a little shopping and came across the pumpkin flax Kodiak cakes pancake mix. I love Kodiak mixes and use them often so I knew I had to give the pumpkin one a try.. These Kodiak cakes pumpkin chocolate chip muffins are so tasty , just 89 calories and 3 smart points each. If you can’t find the pumpkin flavor Kodiak no worries you can still makes these, see directions below.
Kodiak cakes pumpkin spice chocolate chip muffins
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup liquid egg whites I use the one in carton
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/2 cup milk I used skim milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1.5 cup kodiak cakes pumpkin mix
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp pumpkin spice
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3 Tbsp mini chocolate chips
- Pumpkin seeds for topping optional
- Preheat oven to 350F and spray a regular sized muffin tin with cooking spray.
- In a bowl whisk your egg, egg whites and brown sugar together. Mix in your apple sauce, milk and vanilla.
- Mix in your kodiak mix, baking powder, soda, cinnamon and pumpkin spice and stir well. Fold in your chocolate chips.
- Divide batter over your 12 muffin cups, place a few pumpkin seeds on top and bake in oven for 20 minutes.
- Makes 12 muffins at 3 smart points each (2 points plus, old WW program)
- Nutritional info per muffin.. Calories 89...Fat 1.9g...Sat fat 0.9g...Carbs 13.8g...Fiber 1.2g...Sugars 7.2g...Protein 4.2g
- *Note - If you can not find kodiak pumpkin mix you can either use the regular buttermilk kodiak mix or flour and add in extra pumpkin spice and/or nutmeg and cinnamon, the muffins will still turn out but definitely increase your spices to your liking.