Starbucks is one of the most popular coffee chains in the Western world, and for good reason. Aside from beverages, breakfast, lunch, and sweet treats are available throughout the day, with something for everyone—even if you’re on Weight Watchers!
It’s no secret many Starbucks offerings are high in WW points—a slice of their Iced Lemon Loaf Cake and a venti Pumpkin Spice Chai Tea Latte both clock in at 24 points. With a little planning, you can enjoy your Starbucks favorites without derailing your weight-loss goals.
We break down the points on new fall items and coffee classics and provide tips for lowering points on any order so you can feel good about your next Starbucks run. Or save money and time by making your own low-point Pumpkin Spice Latte or these Starbucks Instant Pot Egg Bites at home!
In addition to the classic Pumpkin Spice Latte, the Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew, and the Apple Crisp Oatmilk Macchiato, Starbucks introduced an Iced Pumpkin Cream Chai Latte and the Iced Apple Crisp Oatmilk Shaken Espresso on the fall drink menu this year. The new menu also includes a new Baked Apple Croissant.
Knowing the points of these items is critical to understanding what to avoid altogether, what to indulge in in moderation, and what to order with modifications for lower points.
Here’s how the points break down on Starbucks' fall favorites:
- A Tall Pumpkin Spice Latte with nonfat milk and no whipped cream is 8 points.
- A Tall Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew is worth 9 points.
- A Tall Apple Crisp Oatmilk Macchiato is worth 11 points.
- A Tall Iced Pumpkin Cream Chai Latte with nonfat milk is 19 points.
- A tall Iced Apple Crisp Oatmilk Shaken Espresso is worth 6 points.
- A Baked Apple Croissant is worth 10 points.
- A Pumpkin & Pepita Loaf is worth 17 points.
- A Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffin is worth 16 points.
- A Pumpkin scone is worth 27 points.
Tips for a Point-Friendly Order at Starbucks
According to the Weight Watchers Guide to Point-Friendly Ways to Order at Starbucks, you can enjoy your favorite Starbucks menu items without sabotaging your points goals. Here are some simple tweaks to help keep points low for your favorite drinks:
- Make it “skinny” (a skinny order is made with nonfat milk, sugar-free syrup, and no whipped cream)
- Add sugar-free vanilla, cinnamon, and Splenda to coffee to sweeten
- Ask for almond milk instead of dairy
- Ask for nonfat milk instead of regular
- Ask for “less whip” or “no whip”
- Ask for fewer pumps of syrup or ask for a sugar-free syrup
- Go with a smaller size
16 WW-Friendly Drink Menu Items at Starbucks
For those looking to indulge in Starbucks without splurging on points, here is a breakdown of no-to-low-point drink menu items. For a complete breakdown of Starbucks drinks by point value, head over to Pointed Kitchen.
Zero-Point Starbucks Orders
- Caffe Americano 0 Points
- Cold Brew or Iced Coffee (without milk) 0 Points
- Grande Iced Coffee (unsweetened) 0 Points
One-Point Starbucks Orders
- Tall Cold Brew Coffee (with 2% Milk) 1 Point
- Tall Iced Blonde Cold Foam Cappuccino 1 Point
Two-Point Starbucks Orders
- Tall Iced Skinny Cinnamon Dolce Latte 2 Points
- Grande Iced Skinny Cinnamon Dolce Latte 2 Points
- Tall Honey Almond Milk Cold Brew 2 Points
- Grande Cappuccino with Non-Fat Milk 2 Points
3+ Point Starbucks Orders
- Tall Iced Skinny Cinnamon Dolce Latte 3 Points
- Grande Vanilla Sweet Cream Nitro Cold Brew 4 Points
- Tall Iced Sugar Cookie Almond Milk Latte 5 Points
- Tall Gingerbread Creme with Almond Milk (no whipped cream) 6 Points
- Tall Caramel Cloud Macchiato with Non-Fat Milk or Almond Milk 7 points
- Tall Chai Latte with Almond Milk 8 points
- Mocha Frappuccino with nonfat milk (without whipped cream) 9 Points
12 Best Food Items to Order at Starbucks for WW
As a bonus, here are 12 food items to order at Starbucks for less than 10 WW points per serving.
- Steel cut oatmeal 3 Points
- Chicken chorizo tortilla sous vide bites 5 Points
- Petite vanilla bean scone 5 Points
- Egg white and roasted red pepper sous vide bites 6 Points
- Hearty blueberry oatmeal 8 Points
- Spinach, feta, and egg white wrap 8 Points
- Smoked turkey and Swiss sandwich bistro box 8 Points
- Vanilla almond biscotti 8 Points
- Egg & cheese protein box 9 Points
- Cheese Danish 9 Points
- Chocolate cake pop 9 Points
Lemon cake pop 9 Points