I was off today and decided to create a new dish for dinner… man did it hit the spot! This Hawaiian pasta bake is delicious, full of pineapple and ham. It doesn’t take long to prepare it and can be on your table in under an hour.. and here’s a little secret, I am not a huge lover of ham, but I absolutely loved this 🙂
Hawaiian pasta bake
- 2 cups cooked of a high fiber penne pasta I use a Canadian PC blue menu brand and measure uncooked
- 400 g about 14oz of diced ham, I bought a pre-cooked ham.
- 1.5 cups fresh chopped pineapple
- 1/3 cup pineapple sauce if you can't find this then sweet and sour would work as well
- 1/4 cup fat free or light ranch dressing
- 1/4 cup broth vegetable or chicken
- 2/3 cup grated light cheese
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened coconut flakes I use a Bob's red mill kind
- Cook your pasta on the stove in a pot.
- Preheat oven to 350F, spray a 9x13 casserole dish and set aside.
- In a large bowl add your cooked pasta, diced ham, diced pineapple and mix.
- Stir in your sauce, dressing, broth and cheese and mix well.
- Pour into your casserole dish and then top with your coconut flakes.
- Bake in oven for 25 minutes, for the last 2-3 minutes you can turn to broil to toast up the coconut if you wish.
- Makes 6 servings at 8sp or 6pp each
- Nutritional info per serving (not including the pineapple) Calories 262... Fat 6g... Saturated fat 4.1g... Carbs 31g.... Fiber 3.7g... Sugars 6.8g... Protein 20.2g