These tasty breakfast cups were inspired by my usual breakfast that if you follow me on Instagram I am sure you see quite often, egg whites, bacon and home fries cooked with peppers & onions.. I probably eat this at least 3 times a week and I figured why not throw them all together and make some easy grab and go egg white cups out of it. The end result was a delicious breakfast cup filled with all my favorites and just 1 smart point each! To see the home fries I use and the nutritional info you can refer to my product review.
Egg white breakfast cups
- 1.5 cups frozen home fries
- ¾ cup diced green pepper
- ¾ cup diced onion I use red onion
- Dash of salt & pepper
- ½ teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 4 slices low point bacon cooked (I use Wegman's center cut bacon)
- 2 cups liquid egg whites in the carton
- In a large frying pan over medium heat cook your home fries using a little cooking spray, add in your diced peppers & onions, salt & pepper and cajun.
- You can cook your bacon at this time in a separate pan, drain, crumble and add to home fries.
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Once home fries are cooked (about 15 minutes) spray a 12 hole regular muffin pan with some cooking spray, best to spray well.
- Add ¼ cup of home fries mixture to each muffin cup, then pour your egg whites over the mixture until cup is full. Repeat for all 12 cups, you may require a little more than 2 cups of liquid egg whites.
- Bake in oven for approx 20 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes then carefully remove cups using a knife to scrape around edges.
- Makes 12 cups at 1 PP or 1 smart point each on blue, green & purple (1 points plus) *Please note I did not figure the nutritional info out for these, simple math tells me that because the only ingredients with points is the home fries (8SP) and bacon (4SP) then each cup is 1SP, the egg whites per muffin has a 0SP count, if you have 3 or more at 1 time then I would add 1 point for the egg whites.
- Best stored in fridge, after 2 days I would freeze.