If I have some banana's looking like they are on their way out you can bet it's going to be a baking day! I was in the mood for muffins...and chocolate, because let's face it, when I am not in the mood for chocolate 😉 These double chocolate muffins are delicious, full of chocolate flavor and nice and moist.
Double chocolate banana muffins
- Preheat oven to 350F, spray a 12 hole muffin tin and set aside.
- In a large bowl using an electric mixer beat together your sugar and egg plus egg whites.
- Stir in your mashed bananas, apple sauce and vanilla, mix well.
- Mix in your flour, cocoa, baking powder and soda, fold in your chocolate chips.
- Divide into 12 regular sized muffins, bake in oven for 18-20 minutes. Makes 12 muffins at 4 sp or 3pp each, best stored in fridge.
- Nutritional info (not including bananas) per muffin .. Calories 107.. Fat 2g... Saturated fat 1.1g... Carbs... 21.4g... Fiber 1.8g... Sugars 8.7g... Protein 2.8g