With Christmas just around the corner, I have been thinking of some easy side dishes to accommodate all those delicious turkeys that will be served. Back a few years ago I made this lightened up cornbread recipe that is a favorite in our house, my teenage daughter loves it, she said it reminds her of the cornbread they serve at a summer sleep-away camp she goes to. Nothing goes better with turkey than stuffing so I created this cornbread stuffing to sweeten up your typical stuffing recipe and the end result was delicious! Once you've baked up the cornbread which is best made the day before, it's really simple to make. Serves 10 at 4 smart points each on WW freestyle.
- Make your cornbread recipe the day before if you can, leave uncovered overnight.
- Preheat oven to 300F and spray a large cookie sheet with some non stick spray. Cut your cornbread into 1 inch cubes and spread on cookie sheet, bake in the oven for 10 minutes, let cool. Increase temperature of the oven to 375F.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl whisk your eggs and add in broth. Mix in onions, celery and seasonings. Once the cornbread cubes have cooled very gently fold into your broth mix.
- Place stuffing in a sprayed 9x13 casserole dish and bake for 40 minutes (make sure oven is set to 375F)
- Remove from oven and serve. Makes 10- 6oz servings. Stuffing will freeze well.
Smart Points- (green) 5 using WW recipe builder
Points Plus- 4 using PP calculator
Nutritional info per 6oz serving- Calories.. 171...Fat 2g...Sat fat 0.5g...Carbs 30.2g...Fiber 2.5g...Sugar 6.9g..Protein 6.7g *this incl all ingredients, old SP/PP were determined before entering any zero point foods (veggies)