I love creating recipes that use the zero point foods so we can have a nice low point meal option. These cheesy chicken fritters turned out amazing and they truly could not be any easier to make.. the hardest part I’d say is cutting the chicken, which let’s face it, anyone can cut chicken! Chances are you have what you need to make these already in your cupboard/fridge and at just 1 smart point each on WW freestyle they are perfect for a low point dinner and something the whole family can enjoy.
- 16 oz boneless skinless chicken breast (weighed raw)
- 1 egg
- 3 Tbsp flour
- 1.5 Tbsp parmesan cheese
- ½ cup reduced fat shredded mozzarella cheese (I used Trader Joe's)
- 1 garlic clove, diced
- Fresh basil, chopped (I used a few Tbsp)
- 1 Tbsp chives (I used dried)
- 1 Tbsp parsley
- Pinch of salt & pepper
- ¼ tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp cooking oil (I also used some cooking spray)
- Cut the chicken into very small pieces (the smaller the better) place chicken pieces in a bowl and add in the egg, flour, parmesan, mozzarella, garlic, and seasonings. Using a spoon, mix well.
- Heat a large frying pan over medium to low heat, add the oil *I also sprayed the pan with some cooking spray to help them not stick to the pan since you are not using much oil.
- Once pan is hot add in about ¼ cup of chicken mixture per fritter, don't overcrowd the pan too much, I cooked 3 at a time. Cook fritters about 10 minutes each, turning a few times, don't have the temp too hot or they will cook too much on the outside and not enough on the inside.
- Store chicken fritters in the fridge and they will freeze well.
Smart Points- (green) 3 using WW recipe builder
Points Plus- 4 using PP calculator
Nutritional info per fritter- Calories 154...Fat 6.5g...Sat fat 1.1g... Carbs 2.9g...Fiber 0.1g...Sugar 0g...Protein 22.4g using My Fitness Pal (Includes all ingredients so if you use the WW calculator you will get a different point value since chicken & eggs are zero point foods)