I love a good hearty casserole dish, especially during the cold winter months. This cheesy chicken broccoli & potato bake is a simple dish the whole family can enjoy. It has basic ingredients and comes together easily with a little prep time. Makes 6 – 1.5 cup servings at 5SP on the purple program, 7SP on the blue program and 9SP on the green program.
- 1.5lb bag mini potatoes
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- Salt & pepper
- Dash of paprika
- 2 Tbsp light butter
- 2 garlic cloves, diced
- ¼ cup flour
- 1.5 cups milk *I used 1%
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 cup reduced fat shredded cheese * I used a 3 cheese blend
- 3 Tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- 16 oz cooked cubed chicken
- 3 cups fresh broccoli *frozen should work as well
- Preheat oven to 450F, cut the mini potatoes in half, toss with oil, garlic powder, onion powder, salt & pepper and paprika.
- Spread potatoes on a baking sheet, I lined with some parchment paper and bake for 30 minutes.
- If you have not cooked the chicken yet you can do so at the same time, although not at that temperture in the oven, you can cook on the stove in a frying pan or in the air fryer *My chicken was pre-cooked in the oven before the potatoes
- Once the potatoes are done lower oven temp to 350F, you can now make the cheese sauce, in a large pan on the stove melt the butter over medium heat, add in the diced garlic, once the butter is melted add in the flour, it will form a paste.. slowly whisk in the milk until it has all blended with the paste.
- Cook over medium-low heat, it will start to thicken..add in 1 cup of shredded cheese and 2 Tbsp parmesan cheese *leave 1 Tbsp aside for topping. Stir sauce for 3-5 minutes untill all cheese has melted. Turn stovetop off and then add in the chicken and broccoli, gently stir then add in the potatoes and stir again.
- Transfer to a 9x13 sprayed casserole dish. Sprinkle remaining 1 Tbsp parmesan cheese on top and bake in the oven for 30 minutes, check the potatoes are cooked through, some ovens vary and may require a few extra minutes for the potatoes.
- Makes 6 servings, 9-9.5oz per serving *approx 1.5 cups
- Store any leftovers in the fridge and this dish will freeze well.
Smart Points Green- 9 using WW recipe builder
Smart Points Purple- 5 using the WW recipe builder
Points Plus- 8 using PP calculator
Nutritional info per serving... Calories 342...Fat 12.8g..Sat fat 5.7g...Carbs 28.5g...Sugar 5.2g..Fiber 2.8g...Protein 27.1g using My Fitness Pal *Note includes all ingredients even any zero point foods