If you know me a little… then you know that I just cant seem to find a liking for eggs! I wish I liked them, I see all these amazing egg creations on my Instagram and I swear some of them make me want to lick my screen 😉 but I just can’t find a way to like them, and believe me it’s not for lack of trying. My husband lives on eggs, and he will eat them any which way you cook them, so I have tried several..with no success for my taste buds! 🙁 So I set out to try and create a casserole full of eggs but lots of other goodness too, and let me tell you, I think I found a way to open up those taste buds of mine. 🙂 For someone who doesn’t like eggs, I loved this! So if you do like them, well then your going to be one happy camper! 🙂 Makes 6 servings at 5 freestyle smart points, this dish is super easy to make… but you know me, I’m not going to give you something difficult 😉 Enjoy!!
Bubble up breakfast casserole
- 1- 7.5 oz package pillsbury biscuits the one in the 4 value pack, if you cant find them buy the bigger ones and weigh it out
- 5 eggs
- 3 egg whites
- 1 cup skim or 1% milk
- 8 oz diced cooked ham
- 1 cup diced peppers
- 3/4 cup diced onion I used red onion
- 1 cup light grated cheese
- Preheat oven to 350F and spray a 9x13 casserole dish, set aside.
- Dice up your onions, peppers and ham. Cut your biscuits into 8 small pieces each.
- Spread the dough pieces evenly on the bottom of your casserole dish.
- In a large bowl whisk together your eggs and milk, then add in your peppers, onions, ham and 2/3 cup of cheese. Set aside the remaining 1/3 cup.
- Pour over top of your biscuit pieces and spread evenly.
- Bake in oven for 20 minutes. Remove and cover loosely with a piece of foil, spray the foil with cooking spray to prevent sticking. Return to oven for 25 minutes.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top and leave in oven uncovered for another 5 minutes. Makes 6 servings. Store in sealed container in the fridge or will freeze well.