Blueberries were on sale this week, so I might of stocked up a little 😉 Hadn't made a muffin in awhile so I thought... well there you have it... blueberry muffins it is.. But I didn't want just plain blueberry muffins, so these delicious blueberry cake cinnamon sugar muffins were born 🙂 And O.M.G ... I ate 2 right away... no shame.. there only 3 smart points each... so yup I ate 2 of those suckers and I'm okay with that! 🙂
Blueberry cake cinnamon sugar muffins
- 1 ¼ cup flour
- ⅓ cup white cake mix I used Duncan Hines
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white 2 Tbsp
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup unsweetened apple sauce
- ⅔ cup almond milk I use unsweetened original
- ¾ cup fresh blueberries
- Topping- ½ tablespoon sugar & ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375F (190C) spray a 12 hole regular sized muffin pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl mix together all your dry ingredients.
- In a small bowl whisk together your egg and egg white, add apple sauce, vanilla and milk, stir well.
- Pour your wet ingredients into your dry and mix well.
- Very gently fold in your blueberries, then fill your 12 muffin cups equally with the batter, try not to have too many blueberries in each muffin or you'll end up with a big mess of a muffin 😉
- In a small bag mix your ½T sugar and ½t cinnamon, sprinkle over your 12 muffins.
- Bake in oven for 20 minutes.
- Makes 12 regular sized muffins at 3 personal points or 3sp on all 3 MyWW programs or 2 points plus each, Best stored in the fridge and they can freeze well too.
- Nutrtional info (not incl blueberries) per muffin.. Calories 83... Fat 0.9g... Saturated fat 0.2g... Carbs 15.4g... Fiber 0.6g... Sugars 4.7g... Protein 2.3g