Little did I know when I started my Instagram account over 2 years ago that I would become a part of such an amazing weight loss community. I started the account simply to hold myself accountable and now a few years later I hold so much more than that. I have met some amazing people and truly feel like it's my family away from family.. This brings me to the lovely Star who has recently started the blog theskinnyishdish I knew when Star revealed she was going to start a blog that it would be amazing... The girl can cook!! She's super cool, like way cooler than I'll ever be 😉 and just the sweetest... Star is a weight watcher member like many of us and one thing I truly love and admire about her is she just keeps it real.. I am away this weekend so I asked Star if she would share one of her yummy creations on my blog..
So let's get to why your really here... This delicious Biscuits N' Gravy bake!! Serves 6 at 7 freestyle smart points each and makes a great breakfast... I will leave the rest in Star's hands... thank you mama for sharing your food creativity on my blog 🙂
Hello everyone! I'd like to start off by giving my biggest thanks to Kate for taking me under her Wing, helping me with my adventure into the blogging world, and featuring me on her own fabulous blog! You're the best, girl!
Biscuits N’ Gravy Bake
- ½ lb Turkey Breakfast Sausage I use Jennie-0
- 1 7.5 oz can Pillsbury Buttermilk Biscuits cut each biscuit into 6 small pieces
- 1 package Country Gravy Mix I use McCormick or Pioneer Brand, prepared with water
- 1 ½ cup Egg Substitute such as Egg Beaters
- 1 cup Reduced Fat Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Salt & Pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray a 9x13 casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Cook 8 ounces of raw turkey sausage. Drain fat and set aside.
- Cook the package of gravy mix according to directions. (I use water instead of milk to keep it lower calorie) Set aside.
- Spread your biscuit pieces evenly throughout your casserole dish. Pour the egg beaters on top, followed by the prepared gravy, and then sausage. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and evenly sprinkle your shredded cheese. Bake for another 10 minutes.
- Cut into 6 servings. ENJOY!
- Calories..273.. 10g fat, 22g carbohydrates, 1g fiber, 23g protein (Calculated with My Fitness Pal) 7 freestyle Smart Points per serving (Calculated with Weight Watchers Recipe Builder) 7 PP per serving