When the fall season rolls around the days always seem to feel a little busier, maybe because it starts to get dark way earlier than we have been used to and the days seem so short. I love having easy recipes on hand for those days that just feel so rushed. This baked bruschetta chicken is such a simple recipe to whip up, and so flavorful! Serve it with your favorite potato dish, maybe try my roasted garlic parmesan potatoes or a fresh salad. The recipe serves 4 at 3 points per serving on WW.
- Roma tomatoes
- Green onion
- Fresh basil
- Balsamic vinegar
- Salt & Pepper
Storing and re-heating
Keep any leftovers in the fridge in a sealed container for up to 3 days. You can freeze this recipe, to re-heat it from the fridge place it in the oven at 350F for 10 minutes. To reheat from frozen, either let it dethaw first and re-heat at the same temperature or you can cook from frozen, 350F for 20-25 minutes.
Baked bruschetta chicken
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast
- 4 slices light mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup roma tomatoes, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup green onion, diced
- 1/3 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Dash Salt & pepper
For the chicken rub
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp onion salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 425F, spray a baking dish with some cooking spray.
- Mix all of the rub ingredients together except for the oil and vinegar. Mix the 1 tbsp olive oil with 1/2 tbsp balsamic vinegar together in a small dish.
- Brush the oil and balsamic mixture onto the chicken, then use the rub and coat the chicken breast as best you can.
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes. While chicken is baking you can make up the bruschetta. Mix together the tomatoes, garlic, red onion, green onion, fresh basil, salt & pepper and balsamic vinegar.
- Remove chicken from the oven and place one slice of mozzarella on each piece, then scatter the bruschetta topping evenly over the 4 chicken breasts. Return to the oven for 5-7 minutes to let the cheese melt.
- Serve immediately, store leftovers in the fridge.
This was such a hit in our home! The flavours were perfect! We paired it with some mixed fresh vegetables and white rice. It was an amazing light dinner. Thank you!
Hi Melanie, yay!! I am so glad you all enjoyed the recipe 🙂
Just wanted to let you know that my wife and I tried this recipe the other night. It so happens that my inlaws were there too. They like the recipe so much that they ask for the leftovers to go!
Anyways, thanks a lot for sharing this. Excited to send the next recipe here to my wife.
Have a great day!
Hi Isaac, that is awesome to hear, I am so glad everyone enjoyed it, thanks for sharing 🙂