I love candy cane.. like i’m a little obsessed with it! I also love christmas baking, so it was inevitable that I had to include candy cane into my baking 🙂 I was thinking about Christmas morning and how nice it would be to bake up a tasty and easy fresh loaf, and a festive one at that, so say hello to my white chocolate candy cane loaf, it is so delicious! I know I say this on all my new loaf recipes but this might just be my new favorite, and being that I hoard candy canes and buy them after the holidays for cheap I will be making this one all year through. I urge you to bake one of these tasty loaves up, you wont be disappointed! Serves 10 at 5 smart points per serving..
White chocolate candy cane loaf
- 1 Tbsp light butter I use Gay Lea light butter with canola oil
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp liquid egg whites
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- 3/4 cup vanilla yogurt 0% greek or if your in Canada I used the vanilla Skyr yogurt by PC
- 1/2 cup milk I used 1%
- 1 1/3 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 4 Tbsp white chocolate chips
- Crushed candy canes in Canada we have a bulk store that has candy cane bits, I used 3 Tbsp, if you can't find them then crush your own, you should not need more than 2-13g candy canes)
- Preheat oven to 350F, spray a regular sized loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In a bowl cream together your butter and sugar using a fork, whisk in your egg and egg whites.
- Mix in your yogurt, milk and peppermint extract.
- Stir in your flour, baking powder and soda.
- Take 3 Tbsp of chocolate chips and chop them up a little (unless you can find mini ones, I used reg size and chopped them so they will cover more of the loaf) mix chopped chocolate chips and 2 Tbsp of crushed candy cane into your batter, it will be on the thicker side.
- Pour batter out into your loaf pan using a spatula.
- Top batter with 1/2 Tbsp of crushed candy cane and bake in oven for approx 45 minutes.
- Remove loaf from oven. Loaf will sink a little due to the ingredients used, mainly the yogurt, but don't fret, it will still result in a delicious loaf!
- Once completely cooled, remove loaf from pan, melt your remaining 1 Tbsp of chocolate chips in a little zip lock bag in the microwave, do for 35 second intervals checking each time, mine took 3-35 second sets. Cut a tiny hole in zip lock and drizzle over loaf, top with the 1/2 Tbsp crushed candy cane bits. Cut into 10 slices. Loaf is best served fresh. store left overs in fridge.
- Makes 10 slices at 5 smart points each on all 3 MyWW programs or 4 points plus.
- Nutritional info per slice.. Calories.. 147..Fat 4g...Sat fat 1.9g...Carbs 21.6g...Fiber 0.5g...Sugar 8.3g..Protein 5g