NFL football season kicks off today and I love making simple to serve foods on football Sunday’s. These turkey taco crescent cups take just a few minutes to prepare and will be a hit at any football gathering. Feel free to swap out the turkey for chicken or even ground beef, just know the beef will add extra points. Makes 8 taco cups at 3 smart points per serving on WW freestyle, you can double the recipe if need be.
Turkey taco croissant cups
- 1 lb ground turkey weighed raw
- 1 package reduced fat pillsbury crescent rolls
- 2 Tbsp taco seasoning
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup veggies *I used peppers & onions you can add corn or even beans
- Toppings of choice
- Cook the turkey in a pan on stove over medium heat.
- Add in 1/4 cup of water and the taco seasoning, stir well then add the veggies and let coook over low-medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375F
- Open the crescent rolls and roll out in one piece, pinch any open seems closed.
- Cut dough into 8 pieces as shown in picture.
- Spray a regular size muffin tin and place the 8 cut pieces in the muffin cups.
- Scoop the meat mixture into each cup, I used a heaping 1/4 cup for each one, I had a little mixture left over which I popped in the fridge and used for a taco the next day, but don't worry if you use it all.
- Bake in the oven for 14-16 minutes, checking that they don't burn.
- Serve immediately with your favorite toppings like lettuce, tomato, cheese, sour cream *Points listed do not include the topping but if you just use a pinch of cheese like I did it won't add any.
- These store well in the fridge for a few days and you can freeze them.