It’s almost Thanksgiving here in Canada and I am sure there will be leftover turkey everywhere 😉 I had a follower (Hi Stephanie) email me requesting a turkey dinner themed bubble up and I was all over it.. I think I ran out that day and bought the stuff I needed! This turkey dinner bubble up came out even better than I had anticipated.. think of all your favorite Thanksgiving dinner foods, homemade stuffing, potatoes, carrots, turkey and gravy..Yum! To my U.S friends, I know you still have several weeks til your Thanksgiving but you can still enjoy this dish.. no need to wait! This bubble up serves 6 at 5 smart points each on WW freestyle.
- 4 slices low calories bread (I used multigrain WW bread)
- 1 Tbsp light butter (I used Gay Lea)
- ¼ cup chopped celery
- ⅓ cup diced onion
- 1 garlic clove diced
- ½ Tbsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp sage
- Dash of salt & pepper
- ¾ cup chicken broth
- 2 cups cooked and cubed turkey
- 1 cup frozen hash browns (see my product reviews week 1 to see my brand)
- ½ cup cooked carrots (I used frozen and cooked in microwave)
- 1 7.5oz packet of biscuits (see picture) make sure you have the correct size, there are 10 small biscuits in these tubes and the whole pack is 17SP
- ½ cup canned turkey gravy (see pic)
- First, we need to make the stuffing. Preheat oven to 375F, place the 4 slices of bread on a baking sheet, bake in oven for 10 minutes, flip over then bake another 6 minutes.
- Remove from oven but leave the oven on. Cut bread into small pieces.
- In a pan on the stove over medium heat melt your butter.
- Add in garlic, celery and onions and stir, cook for 5 minutes. Add chicken broth, parsley, sage and salt/pepper and stir. Bring to boil, as soon as it is at a boil add in the bread and stir quickly, remove from the stove and cover, let sit for 5 minutes then fluff with a fork.
- Cut your 10 small biscuits into 6 pieces each. Spray a 9x13 casserole dish with cooking spray and spread biscuit pieces on the bottom of the dish.
- Because the topping is heavy we need to pre-bake the biscuits for 7-8 minutes (375F)
- Meanwhile in a bowl mix together your turkey, dressing, carrots, hash browns and stir in your gravy.
- Spoon your mixture over top of your pre-baked biscuit pieces and divide evenly.
- Cover with foil and bake in the oven for 35 minutes, remove foil and bake another 10-15 minutes until biscuits are baked through.
- Divide into 6 equal servings, each serving weighing 5.5-6oz.
- *Note.. you can use leftovers from Thanksgiving dinner just be aware there might be a point difference, if using leftover carrots account for any butter that might have been used in them, my frozen hash browns were 5SP for 1 cup, my stuffing was 8SP and the gravy 2SP, just to give you an idea of where the points came from.
Smart Points- 6 using SP calculator
Points Plus- 6 using PP calculator
Nutritional info per serving.. Calories 236...Fat 5g...Sat fat 1.4g.. Carbs 32.5g...Fiber 3.4g...Sugar 4g...Protein 13.3g using My Fitness Pal *includes all ingredients