This recipe has been on my “to do” list for a long time, if I’m being honest I’m not a big fan of tuna or any seafood for that matter.. however, my husband loves all seafood so this one is for him! These tuna cakes are so simple to make and are a nice low point filling meal. My husband gave them two thumbs up! The recipe makes 10 tuna cakes and 1 serving is 2 cakes, 4SP on blue & purple, 5SP on green. I have also included a very simple recipe for lemon dill sauce which is perfect for dipping them in.
Tuna cakes with lemon dill sauce
- 1.5 Tbsp oil for cooking
- 2 eggs
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 3 cans tuna 170g cans drained
- 1/2 cup + 2 Tbsp italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp reduced calorie mayonnaise
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- Bunch of green onions diced
- Chopped fresh basil about 2 Tbsp
- 2 tsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- Dash of salt & pepper
- 1 garlic clove minced
- FOR THE LEMON DILL SAUCE
- 2 Tbsp reduced calorie mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp plain 0% greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup light sour cream
- 1 tsp dried dill
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp grated lemon fresh zest from the lemon
- tiny pinch of salt & pepper
- Mix all ingredients together in a small bowl store sauce in the fridge.
- Whisk eggs, add in tuna (make sure it has been drained) lemon juice, mayo, dijon, parmesan cheese, and 1/4 cup of the bread crumbs (leave remaining breadcrumbs aside for later)
- Stir in diced green onions then mix in all the seasonings, (fresh basil, parsley, onion powder, garlic, salt & pepper)
- Shape into 10 equal-sized patties
- Sprinkle remaining bread crumbs on a flat surface and cover both sides of patties with the crumbs
- Heat oil in a large skillet or frying pan over medium heat .. depending on the size of the pan you'll need to do 2-3 rounds.. cook on each side for approx 4-5 minutes or until nice and crispy. If needed add a pinch more oil in between rounds or use some cooking spray.
- Serve immediantly. Store any leftovers in the fridge, these will freeze well.
- Makes 10 tuna cakes, 1 serving is 2 cakes. The lemon dill sauce serves 5 and is 1SP for 1/5th of the sauce.
Smart points- green- 5 using WW recipe builder
Points plus- 4 using PP calculator
Nutritonal info per servig (2 cakes) calories..141...Fat 8.9g...Sat fat 2.1g...Carbs 7.4g...Fiber 0g...Sugar 0.1g...Protein 8.1g using My Fitness Pal *note this includes all ingredients even any 0SP foods