Want to know the way to my heart… cereal haha.. I have always loved cereal, the sugary ones, and even the healthier ones many days I’ll just have a big bowl of cereal for dinner. Frosted flakes have always been a favorite of mine and these sweet & crunchy french toast sticks that are rolled in frosted flakes are inspired by a contest WW Canada was hosting. They were asking their members to get creative with the WW bread products and come up with something delicious and good on points, I was honored to be asked to help judge it and it was a lot of fun going through the entries. I knew I wanted to come up with my own fun way to use the bread and let me tell you these french toast sticks are DELICIOUS! Just a few simple ingredients needed, the recipe makes 4 servings of 6 sticks but you could always just make enough for one easy enough. Top with berries and your favorite low point syrup. 6 sticks on blue & purple are 6SP and 8SP on green.
Sweet & crunchy french toast sticks
- 8 slices Weight watchers white bread *or any low calorie bread
- 2 cups frosted flakes cereal
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 400F lightly spray a baking sheet with some non stick spray *or use parchment paper
- In a bowl whisk together the eggs, milk and vanilla (use a bowl big enough to dip bread pieces in)
- In a zip lock bag mix the frosted flakes and cinnamon together, use a rolling pin to crush the cereal in the bag into a fine crumb.
- Spread the crumb mixture on a flat plate
- Cut each slice of bread into 3 strips.
- Dip the bread pieces into the egg mixture, don't over dip, or the bread will become too soggy
- Press the bread pieces into the cereal crumb covering all side and lay onto the baking sheet
- Bake in the oven for 12-14 minutes or until they are crispy.
- Makes 4 servings, 6 pieces each serving. You could easily just make enough for one by lowering the ingredients
- *Optional to top with fresh berries and syrup, use a sugar free syrup to keep points low.
- *Note- I think these will also turn out well in the air fryer
Smart points- green- 8 using WW recipe builder
Points plus- 7 using PP calculator
Nutritional info per serving- calories 252...Fat 5.5g...Sat fat 1.9g...Carbs 39g...Fiber 0.7g...Sugar 10.2g...Protein 11.5g using My Fitness Pal *Note- includes all ingredients even any 0SP foods