Guess what? These pretty little tarts are only 1 smart point each 🙂 How perfect would they be for your Thanksgiving dinner dessert table. Over hear in Canada we celebrated our Thanksgiving last month but I know a lot of my US friends will enjoy serving these. You know what, you can even have 2 and feel no guilt, now that’s the kind of dessert I like!
Strawberry custard tarts
- Wonton wrappers
- Instant custard mix
- Fresh strawberries
- No sugar added strawberry jello
- Boiling water
- First you need to make your tart cups using your wonton wrappers, place wrappers in a sprayed regular size muffin tin and bake at 350F for approx. 5 minutes until golden brown (I also spray the wontons once I have placed them in the tin)
- Make up your custard mix, this usually is just whisking mix with boiling water. Check with your pudding mixes etc in the grocery store to find instant custard mix, as an alternative you can use fat free vanilla pudding if you can not find a custard mix. Immediately when custard is ready place 1Tbsp in each wonton cup and refrigerate.
- Mix 1tsp of jello powder with 3Tbsp of boiling water and place in fridge for 5 minutes. Add 5Tbsp of cold water to jello then place in fridge until it is almost set but not quite, about 25 minutes.
- Remove your custard filled tarts from the fridge and add cut up strawberries on top, 3 halves should fit nicely.
- When the jello is ready using a pastry brush, brush the strawberries with the gelatin. Store in fridge until ready to serve. 1sp or 1pp each
- Nutritional info per tart (not incl strawberries) Calories 33..Fat 0.3g..Saturated fat 0.2g..Carbs 6.4g..Fiber 0.1g..Sugars 1.8g..Protein 1g