I have been on a bit of an egg whites kick lately, and finding new ways to create delicious filling meals with them. I picked up the Old El Paso taco bowls after a follower had requested a recipe with them. These bowls are great and I am sure I could find many uses for them, but my egg whites craze led me to these tasty and easy breakfast taco bowls. The only added points apart from the bowls for these is the little sprinkle of cheese on top making this a great low point and filling breakfast!
Spinach & veggie breakfast taco bowls
- 4 El Paso whole grain tortilla bowls
- 1 cup diced peppers
- ½ cup diced red onion
- 2 cup chopped spinach
- 2 cups liquid egg whites for freestyle feel free to use whole eggs
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- Dash of salt & pepper
- ½ cup light shredded cheese
- Saute your diced peppers and onions in a large frying pan over medium on stove top, use a little cooking spray in pan.
- After 5 minutes add in your chopped spinach and stir around for a few minutes.
- Pour in your egg whites, let cook for 10 minutes then use a spatula to scramble up your egg white mixture. Add in your paprika and salt/pepper. Cook til eggs whites are cooked through.
- Follow directions on box for heating up taco bowls.
- Divide egg mixture into the 4 taco bowls, sprinkle with 2 tablespoon of cheese on each, serve immediately. These do not store well and best to be eaten right away, if you want you can store the egg white mixture and fill bowls when ready to eat.
- The taco bowls are 2SP each, the only added points is the cheese making these 3 smart points each on all 3 MyWW programs (2 points plus)
- *Feel free to add in any other veggies such as mushrooms or tomatoes.