It’s football Sunday tomorrow!! To be honest I never cared for football, and it wasn’t until about 4 years ago that I started watching it, now NFL is pretty much the only sport I watch. There is just something awesome about Sunday football.. especially when the days get cooler, you hibernate inside all day in your pajama’s and eat yummy food while watching the games! My husband and I also get into the football pools so that makes it exciting 🙂 When I think football food, I think easy fingers foods like wings and dips.. so I played on the dip idea and created these delicious spinach dip rolls, they only take 5 minutes to prepare and believe me.. a warm one right out of the oven and you will think you’ve died and gone to food heaven! They are pretty big, and while sure you could probably eat two, I found one to be quite satisfying, give the rest to the boys 😉 just 4 smart points each!
Spinach dip rolls
- 1 package pillsbury pizza dough
- 1 8 oz package light cream cheese (softened)
- 2 cloves of fresh garlic (diced)
- 4 Tbsp finely grated parmesan cheese
- Green onion (diced very small)
- 1/3 cup light (reduced fat shredded cheese, I used a 3 cheese blend)
- 300 g pack frozen chopped spinach (thawed and drained)
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- Preheat oven to 350F, spray a 9x13 casserole dish with non stick spray. *Note you can also use a baking sheet but cooking time may be slightly less..
- In a bowl mix together your softened cream cheese, spinach, 3 Tbsp of parmesan cheese (leave 1T aside) garlic, onion, shredded cheese and pepper.
- On a flat clean surface roll out your pizza dough, you want to get it to about 10x14.
- Evenly spread out your spinach dip mixture onto your dough covering it all.
- Roll your dough up, rolling your large end (14 in) over. Use a serrated knife and cut into 14 equal rolls.
- Place in your dish and then mix your remaining parmesan cheese and garlic salt together in a small bowl, sprinkle over the rolls.
- Bake in oven for approx 35 minutes or until rolls are a golden brown.
- Remove form oven and serve warm, makes 14 rolls at 4 smart points each on all 3 MyWW programs (3PP) Best stored in sealed container in fridge, these can be prepped in the morning, stored in fridge and baked later in the day.
- Nutritional info per roll (not incl spinach) Calories.. 121...Fat 5g...Sat fat 2.7g..Carbs 14.5g..Fiber 0.4g... Sugars 2.8g...Protein 4.6g