That's a big title.. but that's ok, this delicious meal lives up to its long name! I had some spinach in the fridge that needed to be used up and I had taken chicken out for dinner, so I just put the two together and added two of the best foods around... BACON & CHEESE!!! 🙂 This is a pretty simple dish to make and there is not much prep time to it. And as a bonus the non veggie eater I am got some greens in today.. yay me! 😉
Spinach & asiago stuffed, bacon wrapped chicken
- 4-6 oz boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1.5 cups chopped fresh spinach
- ⅓ cup fresh grated asiago cheese
- 3 T fat free cream cheese
- Juice from ½ lemon about 2T
- 8 slices of uncooked bacon to keep points low I use oscar mayer center cut, 2 slices=1pp
- Preheat oven to 375F
- Wash and chop up your spinach, soften your cream cheese, I microwave mine for about 35 seconds at half power.
- Mix your cheeses, spinach and lemon juice together.
- Slice open your chicken breast and stuff ¼ of the mixture into each piece.
- Wrap two pieces of bacon around each breast.
- Bake on a flat sheet, lined with foil for easy clean up. Spray some cooking spray on your foil. Cook in oven for approx 40-45 minutes until your bacon is cooked. You can turn over after 25-30 minutes to make sure the bacon on the bottom cooks thoroughly.