Although I am not a big egg lover, my husband is, and well I love my husband so I made him this delicious and easy breakfast pie! I will confess, I enjoyed it as well 🙂 It's full of spinach and cheese and makes a great low point breakfast dish..6 freestyle smart points for a nice large slice!
Spinach and ricotta breakfast pie
- 1 package pillsbury reduced fat crescent rolls
- 1.5 cups fresh chopped spinach
- 3 eggs
- 3 egg whites
- ⅓ cup light ricotta cheese
- ¼ cup skim milk
- ⅓ cup reduced fat shredded mozzarella cheese
- Dash of salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Using an 8 inch round pie plate, shape your crescent dough into a pie shell, this will involve a little breaking of dough pieces to form your pie shell. Please note* in other "pie" type recipes that I use the pillsbury dough I pre-bake the dough for 5 minutes or so, I did in this case but it does not need it, my edges were very dark, the eggs need a long time to bake so it is plenty of time for the dough to bake as well, so do not pre-bake your dough.
- In a bowl whisk your eggs, egg whites and milk together, add in your ricotta cheese, mozzarella and salt and pepper. Stir in your chopped spinach.
- Pour into your dough pie shell and bake in oven for 40-45 minutes, until the eggs are set.
- Cut into 6 slices. 6 SP freestyle, 7 smart points per slice or 5 points plus (old WW program)
- Nutritional info per slice (not incl spinach) Calories 196..Fat 9.5g..Saturated fat 3.8g...Carbs 18.7g...Fiber 0g...Sugars 5.1g...Protein 10.9g