If I have any Boston pizza restaurant fans reading this then you may be familiar with their spicy perogy pizza...My favorite thing of their menu.. I don't go out often to eat these days as I prefer to cook at home and spend my points more wisely. So I thought it was time to try and create one of my favorite pizza dishes... and I think I did a pretty good job! 🙂 This is not your ordinary pizza by no means, but I promise you its delicious... and spicy!!
Spicy perogy pizza pie
- 1 large potato sliced into thin rounds
- ½ cup canned jalapenos including the juice
- 1 package pillsbury pizza dough you will only need half unless you want to double recipe and make 2 pizza's
- ¼ cup softened light cream cheese
- 2 tablespoon fat free sour cream
- 1 tablespoon franks hot sauce optional, for extra spicy
- 1 cup light shredded cheese
- 4 slices cooked and crumbled bacon I use Oscar Mayer to keep points low
- Green onion chopped
- Slice your potato into thin rounds, not too thin or they will crisp too much in the oven.
- Pour ½ cup of canned jalapenos with the juice into the cut potatoes. Swirl around to cover, let soak in the fridge for at least an hour.
- Once potatoes have soaked preheat oven to 375F. Place potatoes on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Use the juices and drizzle them over the potato rounds, you can leave the jalapenos on there too.
- Bake potatoes for 15 minutes, turn over and bake another 15 minutes, Its important that the rounds not be too thin or they will start to crisp up in the oven.
- Remove from oven and leave oven on. Open your pizza dough and cut in half. (You can make 2 pizza pies if you want, or save the other dough for something else)
- Roll out the dough and press down into a 8 inch pie dish, this will involve some trimming of the dough and filling in some areas. Poke a few holes in the dough if you get some air pockets.
- Bake dough in oven for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile mix your softened cream cheese and sour cream together. When dough is out of the oven spread half of your cream cheese mixture onto the dough, then layer your potato rounds on top.You can leave jalapenos on or take them off, its up to you. Spread the other half of your cream cheese on top of the potatoes.
- Drizzle your hot sauce over the cream cheese, then top with your grated cheese, bacon crumble and green onion. Bake in oven for 8-10 minutes.
- Cut into 6 slices. Each slice is 7sp or 5pp.
- Nutritional info, per slice.. Calories 207... Fat 7.9g.. Saturated fat 3.8g... Carbs 22.5g... Fiber 1.1g... Sugars 3.4g... Protein 11.9g