I love pasta... but pasta can cost you a whole whack of points if your following weight watchers, so I like to find ways to incorporate just a little pasta into a yummy dish. These little spaghetti and meatball pies are delicious and only 3 points.. Easy to make and something the whole family will enjoy..
Spaghetti and meatball biscuit pies
- 5.5 ounces extra lean ground beef
- ¼ cup panko crumbs
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- ¼ teaspoon cajun seasoning
- Dash of salt and pepper
- 100 g spaghetti I weighed dry pasta
- ½ cup pasta sauce I used a calorie reduced kind
- ½ tablespoon finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1 7.5 oz package pillsbury biscuits the ones in the 4 value packs, if you can not find these you can use regular sized pack and weigh out portions
- Preheat oven to 350F, boil water on stove for your pasta and cook according to package.
- In a small bowl mix your ground beef, panko, oregano, cajun and salt & pepper. Shape into 10 meatballs (each one weighing just over ½ an ounce) if you have more ground beef you can make up extra meatballs to freeze or use for something else..
- Brown meatballs in a frying pan on medium for a few minutes then place in an oven safe sprayed dish and bake in oven for 15 minutes.
- Spray a regular sized muffin pan. Using a rolling pin, roll out each biscuit and place in your muffin cups, each biscuit weighs approx 21g, so if using a larger pillsbury biscuit pack you can weigh out pieces.
- Drain cooked pasta and then transfer to a bowl, mix in ½ cup reduced fat/calorie pasta sauce, feel free to add some diced vegetables, I choose not to.
- Divide your spaghetti into the 10 biscuit cups, top with your parmesan cheese.
- When meatballs are out of the oven place one on top of each pie, bake in oven (350F) for approx 16-18 minutes. The pasta will dry out a little on top but there's something about that little crunch that makes them extra yummy! Makes 10 pies at 3 smart points or 3 points plus each.
- Nutritional info per biscuit.. Calories.. 111... Fat 2.6g...Sat fat 0.9g..Carbs 20.4g...Fiber 0.5g..Sugars 2.7g...Protein 6.5g