We have had some bitter cold days here in Ontario and it is always nice to warm up with a bowl of stew for dinner. I love a good stew but I’m not much of a red meat person to be honest and I generally only eat red meat a few times a month, I tend to go with chicken based meals.. so I thought why not try a chicken stew.. the end result was so tasty! A nice hearty meal the whole family can enjoy, I’m picky with my veggies so I only added carrots and onion in mine but feel free to add in some different vegetables like celery or peas. Makes 8- 1 cup servings at 3SP on blue, 4SP on green and just 1SP on purple.
- 1lb mini potatoes, about 3.5 cups *you can use any potato they don't need to be mini
- 2 cups baby carrots
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, diced
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1 inch cubes, approx 18oz total
- Salt & pepper
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 can low fat cream of chicken soup, 284ml *picture shown
- 1 cup chicken broth
- ⅓ cup milk, I used 1%
- ⅓ cup fat-free sour cream
- 1- 28g package ranch dip seasoning *picture shown
- Bacon crumble for topping *optional
- Turn slow cooker on to low or high depending on how long you want to cook the stew for, high- 4 hours, low- 6-8 hours.
- I always like to give my crockpot a spray with some cooking spray when making this type of meal in it.. add in mini potatoes, I cut mine in halves, carrots, onion and garlic. Then add in the cut chicken breast. Add salt & pepper and onion powder.
- In a bowl or large measuring cup mix together the soup, broth, milk, sour cream and ranch seasoning, stir well and add to the slow cooker.
- Mix everything up well and then let cook.. 4 hours on high or 6-8 hours on low, once the potatoes & carrots are cooked right through.
- Makes 8- 1 cup servings, store leftovers in the fridge, it will freeze well.
- *Note- feel free to add in extra veggies like celery or peas ect.. bacon topping is optional I did not include it as an ingredient when giving the point counts
SP Green- 4 using WW recipe builder
SP Purple- 1 using WW recipe builder
Points Plus- 4 using PP calculator
Nutritional info per serving... Calories 160...Fat 1.9g...Sat fat 0.5g...Carbs 21.5g....Fiber 2.6g...Sugar 3.7g...Protein 13.7g using My Fitness Pal *Note these number include all ingredients even the zero point foods